The Himalayan Rescue Caper

(Opening)

Chief: The security cameras were down. Big surprise. Which means all that ACME has to go on, is what you saw with your own two eyes before Carmen Sandiego locked you up.

Chase: It was not my proudest moment.

"To be fair, you've had worse moments." Player says trying to lighten the tense mood.

Chief: Face it. Devineaux, she's the one who busted Calloway out of jail. Why else would she have been there in a police station in Reykjavik?

Chase: But freeing Monsieur Calloway makes no sense! Carmen once left him unconscious on a train for Interpol to find.

"Yeah but that was totally different circumstances." Carmen says.

Chief: At the time, you were convinced he was her victim. Neither theory adds up, considering we possess intel which suggests that Sandiego and Calloway are... friendly. Think outside the box, Devineaux. We need to know Carmen's game.

"Nothing to do with you lady." Ivy says.

"ACME is a huge hindrance." Sheena snickers.

(Chief's hologram disappears.)

Chase: Yes we do. Or I shall lose what little remains of my sanity.

"Do you need a hug?" Player asks turning to look at Chase. The inspector stares at the boy before hesitantly nodding. Player scrambles over the back of the chair and hugs Chase who chuckles and pats the boys back in thanks.

(VILE's helicopter arrives in the Himalayans. Maelstrom gets out.)

Bellum: Professor! Welcome to my home away from home. It's so rare that I have company pop by.

"Really, how rude. I mean it's just a small hike up the Himalayan mountains. How hard is it to pop by for a visit?" Xifeng says, her voice absolutely oozing sarcasm.

(Roby appears with steaming mugs.)

"Oh I want a robo butler!" Zack shouts.

"Absolutely not!" Carmen and Shadowsan say at the same time.

Maelstrom: Ah, "The Queen of the Robots."

Bellum: I am merely keeping the crown warm for Cleo. Roby, you spoil me so. Hot cocoa?

"Is she... does she... are Bellum and Cleo a thing?" Player asks. All former VILE operatives look horrified.

Maelstrom: It would clash with the sardines and clam juice I enjoyed on the flight. And our "guest?"

"I just threw up a little in my mouth." Zack says.

"Yes, me to." Antonio says looking a bit green.

Bellum: We have kept him warm for you.

(In a guarded room Gray is staring out the window.)

The tension ratchets back up.

Carmen: Do you trust me?

Gray: Hang on tight, don't let go?

Carmen: Gray?

Gray: It's Graham.

Gray: Carmen, I have to know. Are you spy?

Carmen: Something like that.

Gray: But we are the good guys?

Carmen: Absolutely.

(Knocking on the door pulls Gray out of his memories. He grabs a lamp prepared to use it as a weapon. The door swings open and Gray attacks only for Maelstrom to casually grab the lamp.)