The Stockholm Syndrome Caper

Gray feels like a lead weight is sitting in his gut, like he's being lead to the gallows or the electric chair. Then again both of those options sound significantly less painful then whatever Shadowsan might do to him. His old instructor steers him to the farthest corner in the room before turning on him with a familiar cold glare.

"You will listen and not speak until I am done." Shadowsan says sternly. Gray quickly nods.

"Yes sir." Gray barely manages to stop his voice from cracking.

""As I am sure you're aware by now that I have certain... protective instincts, regarding Carmen, I fully acknowledge the fact that she is old enough to decide how to live her life. However, that does not mean I will not hurt you severely should you act discourteously towards her. Treat Carmen well, and we will have no problem, understood?" 

"Yes, Shadowsan sir. I don't ever want to hurt her and will do anything in my power to not do that." Gray says quickly, terrified.

"Good, I have my eye on you." Shadowsan says, his intense glare nearly paralyzing.  Shadowsan returns to his seat and it takes Gray a moment to collect his wits. Of course he falls for the girl with the most terrifying man on the planet looking out for her best interest. Gray figured he's be safer dating Putin's daughter at this point.

Gray took a few deep breaths before grabbing a bottle of water and returning to his seat next to Carmen. He doesn't say much for the rest of the break. Just as the timer reaches zero Sera appears in the room.

"I need to give a small disclaimer before this episode, it's going to be a bit tough to watch, however no matter what happens you are not allowed to attack anyone else in the room. I'm looking at you Shadowsan, keep the ninja skills to yourself." Sera says before vanishing again.

"Jeez what could be so bad she had to give us a warning?" Ivy asks. Zack shrugs and everybody settled in for the show to start.

(Theme Music)

At this point Ivy, Zack and Antonio are singing along to the opening.

Maelstrom: All in favor? And all who oppose? Esteemed fellow faculty, we really must come to a consensus on this potentially grave matter.

"Oh good lord, what are they voting on now?" Carmen asks.

Cleo: Gunnar, you are advising that we abandon the very paradise from which we have built our empire.

"Whoa hold up, they're planning to leave the island?" Player asks in surprise.

"If that happens, we will be unable to find them in the future." Tamara says.

Brunt: And this year's class is our fiercest ever. Why quit now?

Bellum: No one here is suggesting that VILE quit, Coach Brunt. Merely relocate. The change of scenery could do us some good, reinvigorate our masterminding.

"No please, quit. It'll do us all some good." Gray mutters.

Cleo: I suppose we don't really know how many of our secrets the traitors have shared with this ACME.

"That would be... none." Ivy says.

"Gotta trust them first." Zack says.

"Which we don't yet." Player adds.

Maelstrom: If Shadowsan and Carmen Sandiego really are working hand in hand with a secret law enforcement agency, it is only a matter of time before invading forces come rowing onto our shore.

(Transition to snow capped Stockholm.)

"Oh, we're in Sweden this time." Antonio says.

"Professor Maelstrom's homeland." Jean-Paul informs the group.