Becoming Carmen Sandiego Part 1

(Third Person P.O.V)

A car engine revs. Tires screech.

Chase: In just the last few weeks, this Carmen Sandiego has managed to rob millions of euros combined from a Swiss bank, a high-end art gallery in Cairo, and a Shanghai amusement park.

"HA looks like you got a fan Red." Player laughs. There's a distinct French grumbling from the back row.

Julia: Before vanishing without a trace. Headquarters has yet to discern any pattern except that our perpetrator always wears a scarlet coat and fedora and seems to announce her crimes by making random public appearances beforehand.

Chase: Such as the nearby cafe sighting earlier today. So we must ask ourselves: Who in the world is Carmen Sandiego? Why would a thief draw attention to herself by leaving clues and wearing bold colors?

Julia: Perhaps stealing's a game to her.

"Not exactly, but the results are good for a laugh." Carmen says to her team causing a round of snickering.

Chase: Ha! The game is over. She is in my jurisdiction now, though I question why.

Julia: Poitiers is rich with medieval history. Perhaps she is targeting a priceless antique or historical artifact from one of its many churches, or--

Tires screech.

Chase: Ms. Argent, you are an agent of Interpol, not a museum guide. So you may stop sharing dull facts about boring things. You have been on the force merely a fortnight, have you not? You have so much to learn, and since you have been assigned to my department--

"Um... RUDE!" Ivy shouts turning to glare at Chase.

"I guess we know who the brains of the operation is." Gray says snickering.

Julia: Um, uh--

Chase: --I, Chase Devineaux, will be your teacher.

Julia: Inspector Devineaux, Sir--

Chase: Nuh-uh-uh. Sit back, watch, and learn how to catch a thief.

Julia: She's right there!

Chase: Huh?

The whiz and click of Carmen's grappling hook.

Chase: La Femme Rouge!

"How did he make inspector exactly?" Zack asks. Chase just mutters angrily about the show making him look bad.

Tires screech and the engine revs. Suspenseful music plays.

Chase: Remain here!

Car door slams closed.

Julia: And radio for assistance?

Chase: No! The Crimson Ghost is mine!

"And this is why he has no chance of catching me." Carmen whispers to Player who chokes on a laugh.

Carmen: On top of the world. I can see La Cathédrale Saint-Pierre from here.

A 'beep.'

Player: Friendly advice? Save the sight-seeing for after the job.

Carmen: Heh heh. Player, glad to hear you're on board.

Player: You know I wouldn't miss a night out with you for the world, Red. Let's get this party started.

He cracks his knuckles, then begins to type rapidly. Digital sounds.