The V.I.L.E History Caper

"Gray, come on. Look at me." Carmen tells him gently. She cups his face tenderly in her hands until he looks at her with puffy red eyes, his cheeks stained with tears.

"I'm sorry, Carmen I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, so sorry." Gray says. He keeps repeating the apology until Carmen shushes him and pulls him into a tight hug.

"Listen, you have nothing to be sorry for. You are not that person. You, this Gray standing right in front of me, you didn't do that. You never will do that. That is a future that is never going to take place." Carmen tells him firmly. More tears follow her statement.

"I don't know what I would do without you, I love you." Gray whispers holding Carmen as close as he can.

"I love you too, Gray. Now lets wash your face and get ready for whatever is getting thrown at us next." Carmen says grabbing him a tissue. They use the last few minutes to compose themselves before taking their seats. Player offers Gray a plate of snacks, he smiles at the younger boy and accepts a cupcake as the timer runs out and the next episode begins.

(Opening) 

Reporter: We are live streaming from Nevsehir, Turkey where we have dispatched a mobile camera into the structurally unstable catacomb to preview its contents for our anxiously awaiting online community. Each and every one of these artifacts are being seen for possibly the first time in centuries.

Maelstrom: Freeze! Zoom in. So, it does exist.

"Is that VILE's crest?" Sheena asks.

"Looks like it. But why is it in a tomb in Turkey?" Kyle asks.

Cleo: Which means the others must also.

Bellum: And point the way to great riches?

Brunt: Wait, have I seen that thing before?

"You have got to be kidding me." Player says.

"All brawn, no brain." Carmen mutters.

(The faculty give Brunt looks of disbelief.)

Brunt: What? Oh!

(RED HQ)

Shadowsan: It is VILE's original crest, dating back to their medieval origins.

"VILE is really that old?" Jules asks.

"Yes. It makes ACME's 20 year history look quite pitiful." Shadowsan says throwing casual shade. Tamara and Zari both scowl but in a rare moment of good judgment they keep their mouths shut.

Player: Whoa, VILE goes back that far?

Shadowsan: The current faculty is, but the latest incarnation of a long line of criminal masterminds. The letter "V" that you see was in actuality, the Roman numeral Five. Representing VILE's five founders, before they attached a proper name to their brand of evil. The five hailed from five geographic regions. They commanded bands of raiders, who pillaged and plundered along the trade routes of the Middle Ages. As their empire grew in power, the schemes of "The Five" grew both bolder and more sophisticated. They began to pillage from ancient monuments and tombs, much in the way that present day VILE might steal historic artifacts from museums. Their fortune became so vast, VILE's founders sought a location both secure and secret enough to hoard their stolen riches. They mapped clues to this hidden location across three relics, the original crest included. And concealed them for their VILE descendants to one day discover in hiding places which have long since been forgotten. Until now.

"So there's a massive hoard of pillaged loot out there just... waiting?" Zack asks.

"Lets hope we find it before VILE. We don't want them getting funds like that." Ivy says.