16

Time skip to graduation

"You look amazing." Taehyung said in awe as you smiled.

"You don't look bad yourself either." You said with a grin as he hugged you.

"After I have done my graduation speech, I have a little surprise for you." He whispered in your ear before pulling away from the hug.

You chuckled. "You know I don't like surprises, cant you tell me right now?"

He shook his head. "I bet you will like this one."

"Please? Not even a hint?" You asked as he once again shook his head before pulling you to the main hall.

"Finally! You guys are here." Mrs. Jung said relieved. "Mia get on the stage right now, it's almost your turn for the speech."

"I'll see you later?" You asked. Taehyung nodded in reply. "Good luck!" He mouths as you smiled and hurried to the stage.

Just as you were out of sight, Taehyung's phone started buzzing.

—————-

"..so throughout high school I was looking for snacks, only to realize one day that I was the snack all along." Seokjin said as everyone laughed at his humorous and grandstanding speech.

He went off stage, earning an elbow from Sara. "What about me?" She asked as he chuckled at her reaction.

You got on stage and took a deep breath in and out before starting your speech. "First of all, I'd like to thank my friends, family and teachers. Thank you all for your support and help throughout these last years. However there's one person who has always-"

You stopped halfway your speech as you noticed that Taehyung was missing from the crowd. Everyone looked at you in confusion.

"Mia?" Mrs Jung asked if you were okay as you finished up your speech briefly, acting like everything was okay.

Taehyung's POV

"What do I do?" I sighed as I eyed the ring in my hands.

"What are you doing?" Someone whispered into my ear as I startled. I turned around only to realize that it was Jimin.

He chucked at my reaction as I couldn't laugh along.

"What is it? Are you okay?" He asked in concern but I didn't know what to say. Or at least, how to say it.

"I was planning to propose to Mia tonight, just like you said."

"But?" Jimin raised an eyebrow.

I took a deep breath as I try to find the right words. "My mother... her condition got worse."

"I'm sorry to hear that Taehyung." Empathy was heard in his voice.

"So I have to go back overseas for her treatment." I revealed as Jimin didn't know how to respond.

"But... what about Mia?" Jimin dared to ask after a few seconds of silence.

I thought about Mia, about leaving her again. Somehow tears just started welling up at the thought as I looked away to hide them.

Jimin puts his hand on my shoulder, he probably noticed my tears.

"It's going to be okay, Mia will wait for you. She loves you so much, she will understand." He comforted me as I finally looked up.

"I have to talk to her." I said.

I got back to the main hall as I realized that Mia has already finished up her speech.

Where is she? I looked around as I pushed around the crowded people.

"Here you are!" I sigh in relief as I finally found her. Before I could say anything else I felt her arms tightly wrapped around me.

"Where were you?" She asked worried. "I thought you left again without another word."

Seeing her being so worried about me leaving aches my heart. I couldn't bring the news to her, not at this moment.