6

--------

"We're here to taste the cake for our engagement party." Sara replied with the biggest smile ever. Taehyung noticed that she was completely agreeing to this idea.

"I thought my dad used this engagement just to threaten me, but I can't believe he actually took this seriously?" Taehyung sat there dumbfounded yet eager to get out of there as soon as possible, he knew it was almost time to meet up with you at the cafe.

He kept thinking of ways to sneak out. "Maybe go to the toilet and climb from the window? Pretend to faint and run as soon as I get the chance to? Maybe-"

"It's nice to see our girl so happy." Mrs Yoon smiled happily, snapping Taehyung out of his thoughts.

"As you have arrived Taehyung, my wife and I will be leaving the two of you alone now." Mr Yoon said.

"I can't believe you're actually agreeing to this." Taehyung said to Sara as soon as her parents have left.

Sara was quiet was a few seconds. "Why not? When we were little you always said you were going to marry me later." She looked away, not able to hide her sadness.

"You know how I feel about you." He said as she bit her lip to hide the fact that his words hurt her.

"You know how I feel about you too Taehyung, I really like you. I have feelings too, can't I just be selfish for once?"

They were both silent for a few seconds.

"I can't go on with this." Taehyung said breaking the silence as he abruptly got up from his seat, however the bodyguards immediately held his by the shoulders.

"Let him go." Sara said coldly. "If he doesn't want to be in my presence right now, I don't need him to."

With those words, the bodyguards moved aside to grant Taehyung access to leave through the front door. He wasted no time got away as soon as he could in case his father would come and stop him.

"He...actually left." Sara thought as her heart sank.

------

"I'm so sorry I'm late Mia." He breathed heavily as you didn't make any eye contact with him. "I know it's been 30 minutes but please don't be angry. I'll make it up to you."

"Where were you Taehyung?" You asked, finally looking him in the eyes.

His heavy breathing got caught up in his throat as he seemed to have stopped breathing for a second. "W-why are you suddenly.."

"Don't even consider lying to me." You said as you looked away. "I already know everything."

"How?"

"Come on Tae, everyone is talking about it already. Plus..." you took a deep breath. "...I think we need a break."

"I didn't mean to lie to you." He said right above a whisper and put his hand onto yours as you nodded.

"I know you didn't mean to, but I really think it's better for us to just not see each other for a period of time." After hearing those words from you his hand slowly let go of yours as the cold replaced the warmth of his hand.

"Did my father asked you to do this? To leave me?" Taehyung asked as he frowned, trying to hold his tears.

"Taehyung-"

"Did my father tell you to do this?" He cut you off.

There was a second of hesitation but you shook your head. "It's my own decision. Just a temporary break Taehyung. I think it'll be better for you to sort out your thoughts and feelings."

"I'm very clear about my thoughts and feelings, you know you're all I want." He said.

"I-I'm sorry Taehyung, I need time. I need to go." You got up from your seat before putting on your coat, wanting to leave before you would break down in tears.

He grabbed your hand before you could leave the cafe. "..I will wait for you until you're ready, I promise."

There was a silence, before you let go of his hand and continued your way.

Earlier that day

"I'm sorry for inviting you so early today Mia." Mr kim apologizes.

"It's okay, what did you want to talk to me about?" You asked curiously.

"Well, I know Taehyungs relationship with you isn't just roommates. However... I don't know how to say this to you but... he is engaged."

"Excuse me? Engaged?" You exclaimed.

"You see, there are a lot of things that he's keeping from you. And I want to give you a heads up before you get hurt, just like all of the other girls he once played with."

"Other girls?" You asked softly as you had a hard time to take in the news.

"I mean everyone knows Taehyungs past with relationships. I wouldn't call it relationships but-"

"Mr kim," you cut him off. "I'm sure that the relationship between Taehyung and I is different that the ones he had in the past. He isn't the same person anymore."

"I'm doing you a favor Mia, do you really want to know who he's engaged to?" He frowned as you bit your lip. "It's a unanimous decision between Sara's parents, Taehyungs mother and I that he is going to marry Sara once they reach the right age in a few years."

"But your son doesn't even love Sara, you know that just as well as I do." You defended.

"This marriage is bigger than just "love". It's about a corporation between our companies, good business relationships and a brighter future for Taehyung to take over the company for me."

"All I hear is the future of the company, what about the happiness of your son?" You asked getting angry. "You know what, Taehyung is absolutely right about you. You are a man full of schemes."

Mr kim scoffed at your remark. "Full of schemes? Then you don't know the half of my power Mia. You will have to agree with me to let go of Taehyung before things will get personal."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, let's say for example... letting your mother lose her job, which also means you can't afford this school no more which also means-"

"Don't drag my mother in this! She has nothing to do with this." You said angrily.

"Then you better do as I say. And I promise Taehyung will be happy. In the end I am his father so of course I want him to be happy."

"Do you really promise Taehyung will be happy? Even if it's without me in his life?" You asked as he nods. You thought that Taehyung would probably find love aside from you, he will be happy and successful and you didn't want to be a burden or obstacle between his relationship with his father. You didn't want to be the cause to even worsen the relationship.

"I promise you." He said as you then nodded in agreement.