17

"Where were you during my speech Taehyung?" You asked worriedly as you tried to look for an answer.

"Sorry, it's just .. Jimin had something to tell me." He trailed off. You tried to study his face only to realize that he's keeping something from you.

"You're not telling me the whole story." You dared to say. "What was so urgent that you had to leave in the first few seconds of my speech?"

"It really wasn't my intention but.."

"But what?" You asked softer this time. You saw how he got teary eyes and his jaw clenched. Immediately you pulled him for a tight hug. "You know you can tell me anything right?"

"My mom.. she isn't doing well. Which means.." he sighed as he couldn't bring the news to you.

"..which means that you're leaving....again." You nodded as you finished his sentence. He looked away as he was scared that this news would hurt you.

"I understand Tae." You said and gave him a reassuring smile. You could see the weight lifting from his shoulders as soon as you said those words.

He didn't know how to respond and how to thank you for understanding him. He smiled as he buried his face in you neck. "Thank you" he whispered as you chuckled.

"Tae that tickles." You said releasing the hug out of reflex.

"You don't know how grateful I am for you Mia." He said as he held both of your hands in his. "I promise I'll come back, so please wait for me."

He took your right hand and placed the gold ring in the palm of it.

"Taehyung.." you breathed in disbelief. "Is this-" You stopped talking as you looked at him in awe, you couldn't believe it.

"I love you Mia. As soon as I come back, I will give you the wedding of your dreams and I promise I'll take care of you."

His words made you cry in happiness as you pulled him closer and kissed him.

"I love you too." You breathed out.

A/N- For the ones who are interested in a book 3. It's now published!
It's called the Unexpected Husband (book 3) where Taehyung and Mia are married.

[THE END]