8

--------

"Are you all ready to go to the party?" Hoseok cheered as everyone laughed except for you. You let out an uneasy chuckle as you thought of seeing Taehyung again.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook mouthed softly at you as you nodded in reply.

"What is Namjoon doing?" You then whispered to yoongi as you saw namjoon fixing his suit and hair.

Yoongi let out a chuckle. "What do you think? Of course he is shooting his shot at joy."'

"Joy?" You exclaimed in shock."since when?"

"That man has had the biggest crush on her ever since middle school." Jimin added as he squeezed himself between Yoongi and you, making the two of you look at him in surprise.

"Hey! Don't think I can't hear you guys." Namjoon shoots a glare as the three of you burts into laughing.

"Come on hyung, did we lie?" Jimin teased as Namjoon just looked back into the mirror and continued practicing his lines to say to joy.

"Well, it's getting late. Shall we go now?" Seokjin said as everyone got ready to go.

The seven of you arrived at the party destination. You stood in front of Taehyung's house as you recalled a lot of memories, it's been awhile since you've last been at this place. The moment you all stepped inside you saw lots of people from school or Taehyungs family members. It wasn't long until a waiter offered some snacks and drinks which caught Hoseok's attention.

"Ooh snacks!" Hoseok cheered as he reached out to grab one only to earn a slap on the hand from Yoongi. "Ouch! What was that for?" He winced.

"We are here on a mission." He reminded Hoseok. "Don't be easily distracted."

"Reuniting Taehyung and Mia, remember?" Jimin asked with a frown as hoseok scratches the back of his head.

"Good luck on your mission guys but ehh...I got something important to do so bye!" Namjoon said as he immediately vanished into the crowd of people to find Joy.

"What are you guys talking about?" You asked as you saw the remaining guys in a circle discussing about something.

Seokjin gave Jungkook a look. "Nothing! We were just talking about namjoon and you know.." Jungkook said turning your attention away from the guys. Meanwhile they went to find Taehyung.

"Wait for me, I'll get you a drink." Jungkook smiled as he left you.

Just as he left, you spotted a man whom from the back looked really similar to Taehyung.

"Tae?" You though as you got up and decided to follow that figure on impulse. Just as you thought you got him he disappeared. "Where did he go?"

You looked around you and finally, you saw that same back view standing at the balcony. Grabbing all of your courage together you decided to approach him.

"Taehyung?" You asked softly as you tapped on his shoulder. The male turned around in confusion as you realized it wasn't the person you were hoping for.

"Do I know you?" The man scoffed and left.

"I'm sorry I thought-" You tried to escape this situation as you were just too embarrassed. But as soon as you turned around you bumped into someone. Your head against his strong chest which has a very familiar cologne scent.

You knew exactly who it was yet you were scared to look at him.

Slowly looking up, you saw the person you missed more than anyone. You collected all of your courage to finally speak to him.

"Here you are!" Another female voice was heard, it was Sara. She linked her arm around Taehyung's but his gaze never left you.

All you could do was seeing how good they look together and noticed how everyone at the party was cheering them on.

"Why don't you sit with the family first? I'll be there in a minute." Taehyung whispered to Sara. She nodded in reply before giving him a kiss on the cheek and left.

Unable to hold yourself back, you hugged him tightly. His eyes slightly flinched at your sudden behavior but he didn't hug you back to your surprise.

Taehyung quickly took a glance at his father as he cleared his throat. He could see his father eyeing them.

"I-"

"Are you done hugging me?" He cut you off.

You released the hug and looked at him in disbelief, his eyes not meeting yours. "Did he just really say that?" You thought.

"I'm an engaged man now Mia. Weren't you the one that said to stop seeing each other?"

"Then why did you invite me?" You asked back as he fell silent.

"Didn't notice, I just invited the whole school." He said nonchalantly as you scoffed.

"Why are you acting like this? Is it just to-" You swallowed the lump in your throat as you couldn't continue your sentence. You took a deep breath to stop your tears from falling just as Jungkook appeared next to your side.

Jungkook got a quick notice of what was happening and snuck a hand around your waist causing Taehyung to look. "I was looking for you everywhere. Is everything going okay?" Jungkook as you with reassurance as you didn't reply. Taehyung then cleared his throat, making Jungkook raise an eyebrow.

"Mind catching up on some things?" Taehyung asked trying to cover the fact that he is annoyed as Jungkook chuckled.

"I'm sorry, I think my date for tonight is a little tired so we will leave early." Jungkook put his arm over you as you decided to leave with him. On your way Jungkook came across the boys as they all saw your tears filled eyes and realized that their mission had failed.

"It's your fault Jimin. You shouldn't have lured him to the balcony that soon Yoongi and I weren't even done holding back Sara!" Hoseok whined.

"Let's just go home. You guys take a cab, I think Mia and I will take a walk to calm her down." Jungkook said as they all agreed.

Taehyung bit his lip as he saw the two of you together. "Did any of this affect you at all? Do you even still care about me?" He thought.