10

--------

"And? How did it go?" Jungkook fired these questions at you as the two of you sat in the canteen. "Did my plan work?"

"I don't know Jungkook, it really looked like he didn't seem to care at all." You sighed in frustration before taking a big bite of your lunch.

"You don't understand men Mia. He was definitely looking at us when I leaned in."

"Who was looking?" Hoseok joined the conversation as he sat down at your table.

"No one." You and Jungkook both replied.

"Even if you guys don't say it, I know exactly who." He chuckled took a sip from his drink.

Jungkook gave in. "We can never hide anything from you, can we?" He raised an eyebrow as hoseok grinned.

"But you know what I don't understand," Hoseok started with a very serious tone as you listened attentively. "Taehyung never liked Sara nor did he ever obey what his father says. So why is he suddenly going through with that whole bullshit engagement that's probably going to take place in a couple of years or so."

"Right!" Jungkook added. "Also, we are trying to find out if there's some other reason behind Taehyung acting that way on his birthday party."

"So that's why you two were so lovey dovey. It was for Taehyung to see." Hoseok said with a big smile as he connected all the dots.

"When were we like that?" You exclaimed.

"Just then at the door from the classroom. Taehyung isn't that only one sitting in that class Mia." Hoseok said back as you blushed.

Jungkook sighed deeply. "But what do we do next?"

"You guys should kiss." Seokjin turned around from the table next to yours as you spat out your drink.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked as he handed you some tissues.

"Sorry guys, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but you guys came sitting at the table next to mine so..." Seokjin shrugged.

"Come sit with us." Hoseok said as he obeyed.

"Maybe Seokjin hyung is right... maybe a kiss will make Taehyung break the ice between you." Hoseok said.

There was a split second of total silence before you burst into laughing. However everyone was looking at you with big eyes, dead serious.

"Maybe... I say maybe, we should just kiss." Jungkook said as you were taken aback from his sudden words.

You just stared at him and thought. "Did those words just seriously left his mouth?"

"I mean we kissed last year remember?" He said softer and more insecure this time as you hit his arm causing him to wince.

"That was unintentional Jungkook. And besides that was all his fault." You said pointing as hoseok.

"I didn't know you would walk in Mia!" Hoseok defended. "But so what? You've already kissed so why not a second time?"

"We are all Taehyungs close friends, we can't do this to him."

"Because we are his close friends we know him the best. He isn't going to show any emotion unless we give him a push." Seokjin said as everyone agreed.

"D-does it have to be kissing though?" You mumbled shyly.

"What? You want more?" Hoseok joked as you immediately shook your head and blushed.

"I don't want to kiss Jungkook. I can't do it." You said softly. Just at that moment Taehyung walked into the canteen along with Sara by his side.

"Guys, this is perfect." Hoseok cheered softly as jungkook and you both looked at him in confusion.

Seokjin smirked as he got an idea. "Sit down and enjoy the show." He gave a sly grin before grabbing his lunch and made his way over to Sara.

He pretended to trip and his lunch landed onto Sara's top. She yelped in reply, immediately grabbing Taehyung by the sleeve. However taehyung didn't even flinch.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Seokjin said to Sara. "It was an accident are you okay? Come I'll help you clean up."

"Wait but-" with that he cut her off by just grabbing her shoulders and lead her away.

Taehyung stood there on his own now and carefully looked over to your way.

"Pssst, Jungkook it's your turn now." Hoseok whispered to the younger one.

"But-" before he could reply, Hoseok gave Jungkook a kick under the table. Jungkook unexpectedly lost his balance as he landed with his face was only inches from yours.

You looked into Jungkook's eyes for a bit too long and Taehyung decided to leave.

"I need to go after him." You thought instinctively as you got up from your seat and went after him.

Meanwhile Jungkook touched the left side of his chest, his heart felt like it was about to jump out.

"Taehyung wait!" You called out as he stoped his tracks.

"I did wait, Mia." He said as it confused you. "I waited all these months for you to give us another chance. Why weren't you willing to go against my dad and fight for us?" The hurt was clearly heard in his voice. "Why did you give up?"

"Taehyung I-"

"Do you know how much I missed you? How much it hurt to see you with Jungkook." He said as you looked at him in disbelief.

"I know I've been gone for long and I understand that you have moved on but I just can't-" the more he kept talking the more you felt like he got it all wrong. You decided to clear things up. You put your hands on both sides of his face before pressing your lips onto his and started kissing him.

"W-what was that for?" He stammered out of shyness.

"I know a kiss won't make everything right but I-"

He pulled you for a tight hug. "As long as you are willing to be with me, everything is alright."

A smile immediately formed onto your face by hearing those comforting words from him. However you then thought of your mother and how she would suffer just due to the fact that you're with Taehyung. It would mean that you would break Mr. Kim's promise which means that he's likely to also break his promise to you.