1

——————

"... leave a message after the beep." You sighed as Taehyung didn't pick up his phone once again.

Ever since summer he's been abroad with his family for his mother's treatment. You understood that there is time difference but the distance is also hindering the two of you to develop your relationship. Whenever he did pick up his phone he was being curt.

It made you insecure, it made you think that he may have found someone else or that he had made up his mind and didn't like you anymore. You slowly started to lose contact but your feelings didn't change, you only hoped that he felt the same way about you too.

"I guess long distance isn't for me." You thought as you threw your phone onto your bed and went to wash up.

You decided that tomorrow was a new day and that you would go to school with an optimistic attitude. Especially since you were going to see your friends again, mainly Taehyung.

"Maybe he couldn't talk to me because he has to take care of his mother." You said keeping hope for yourself. "That must be the reason, Taehyung isn't the type to quickly make up his mind."

You got ready and went to the bus stop.

"Over here!" Jungkook shouts as he waved at you like an idiot.

You looked over and saw your best friend. During summer Jungkook was one of the only ones to actually spend time with you. You felt really lucky to have someone like him in your life.

"What are you being so excited for?" You chuckled.

"I couldn't wait to see you again, that's all."

"Please, you saw me last week."

"I bet you can't wait to see Taehyung again, right?" He asked with a teasing tone as you gave him a weak smile.

"I don't know. We haven't really stayed in touch this summer." You explained. "But let's hope that he still feels the same way about me."

The two of you arrived at school as a black limousine stopped right in front of the gate.

Jungkook's smile faded as he looked at it. He furrowed his brows as he could immediately recognize whose limousine it was.

"What's wrong?" You asked as you turned around to see what's happening.

Taehyung stepped out if the limo, however he wasn't alone. A beautiful girl also stepped out of the same limo and locked arms with him.

Everyone looked at the two of them with surprised looks on their faces. Some girls were fangirling over how handsome Taehyung looked. Some guys drooled over how pretty that girl was.

"W-who is that girl?" You asked Jungkook curiously, still looking at how happily the girl holds Taehyung's arm.

"I don't know maybe his girlfr-" Jungkook got cut off by you giving him a warning look.

"Let's go inside." Jungkook said almost pushing you in a hurry to spew you from another glance.

"So the dorm distribution." Mrs Jung said as she took out the papers. "Joy and Wendy, Hoseok and Yoongi, Seokjin and Namjoon, Jungkook and Mia and Taehyung with Sara." She said.

"What?" Someone exclaimed a bit too loudly. It was Taehyung and everyone eyed at him because of his behavior. "Why did I change roommates?"

"I'm sorry Taehyung, but your father personally said that Sara is your roommate now." Mrs. Jung said.

Taehyung groaned in frustration. "That man, seriously."

Jungkook puts his hand on Taehyungs shoulder to tell him to calm down. "I mean, they could've just put the two of us together again and Mia with the new girl. That way there won't be opposite genders sharing a room together." Jungkook said.

"I'm sure this is also one of my fathers doings." Taehyung sighed before making his way to his room.

You all went to your new rooms unpacking your stuff. You were sharing a room with Jungkook now and Taehyung's room is right next to yours.

-------

"So Mia, how are things between you and Taehyung now that you're sharing a room with Jungkook?" Namjoon asked during the lunch break.

You just smiled and took a sip of your drink.

Namjoon looked at Seokjin with a confused expression. "D-did I say something wrong?"

"You know, Jungkook said that he's very happy to share a room with you." Hoseok said looking teasingly at Jungkook, earning a punch in the arm as you almost spit out your drink.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook asked worriedly while patting your back as you coughed.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." You said and laughed the embarrassment away. But your smile disappeared after you saw Taehyung walking towards you, with Sara.

"Oh god, here we go." Jimin mumbled awkwardly.

"Hey!" Sara said enthusiastically and held Taehyung's hand making you roll your eyes.

Taehyung saw you looking and yanked his hand free as he cleared his throat.

"Sit down." Jungkook said and gestured to the chair.

Taehyung sat down next to you but Sara quickly sat in between.

"Sorry, do you mind?" She asked.

"It's okay." You replied. "Stay optimistic Mia, stay optimistic." You chanted internally.

While eating lunch, Sara was being cheesy like feeding Taehyung foods even though he refuses. Meanwhile, you were just stabbing the fork jealousy into your food.

"Hey!" Jin said to you making you startle. "I know you're jealous Mia but that doesn't mean you can take it out on food."

"Sorry." You said and felt embarrassed by Jin calling you jealous.

Taehyung gulped and shifted his seat a bit away from Sara because he was uncomfortable.

She then started wiping his plump lips and that's when you couldn't take it anymore.

You stood up as everyone looked at you in surprise.

"I-I need to go out for a minute." You said uneasily.

"Did I do something wrong?" Sara asked as you ignored her question.

"I'll go with you." Taehyung immediately suggested and also stood up, but Sara stopped him.

"Please stay with me." Sara whined, while you couldn't stand the sight and already started walking away.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, and ran after you.

"It isn't what it looks like." He said to you as he held your hand, stopping you.