Chapter 2

Authors note: This will be updated once a week, with two chapters!

Melody lay in bed staring up at the ceiling, she sighed and craned her head to the side as she stared at the window Sasuke suddenly appeared. Her eyes widened, and she scrambled to sit up.
"Sasuke?!" She said before falling off the bed "ah!" She squealed, Sasuke stared at her and shook his head before pulling her window open. She glanced up at him and smiled sheepishly. "How's it going?" She mused, he folded his arms over his chest and sighed before bending down to sit next to her sprawled out body.
"I just figured... wanna train?" He asked, a slight pink hue to his cheeks. Melody raised an eyebrow and rolled over until her head was on his lap. He glanced down at her, "or stay and be a pain?" He mused, his hand reaching forward and brushing back her hair, Melody smiled up at him and closed her eyes.
"I guess I could train." She muttered, Sasuke leant his head back as he continued to stroke her hair. "Or we could stay." She added, she felt his hand still before he continued, she opened her eyes and glanced up at Sasuke who had his eyes close and for once had a peaceful look on his face. She sighed quietly and closed her own eyes as her free hand found Sasuke's and her fingers entwined with his as they stayed there in peaceful silence.

A few hours had past and Melody sat up, Sasuke glanced down at her.
"You okay?" He asked, Melody nodded a strange feeling washing over her. Sasuke raised an eyebrow and poked her cheek causing her to snap out of her thoughts. She glanced at him and her cheeks reddened until she looked away from him.
"Wanna get something to eat?" She asked, Sasuke pushed Melody off him so he could stand up, once he was standing he reached down and pulled Melody up. He held her hand and led her out of her house and the two headed through the streets of Konoha, talking quietly to each other before they stopped at Ichiraku ramen. They headed in and Teuchi and Ayame turned to them smiling,
"come on in guys!" He said cheerily, Ayame placed down some glasses of water for them as they sat down next to each other. "What can I get you both?" He asked, Sasuke reached for his glass and twirled it round in his fingers absently.
"Two bowls of ramen." Melody said smiling at the old man, he nodded and got to work.
"Coming right up." He said, Ayame nodded at them both before heading to clean. Sasuke glanced over at Melody.
"How is your training coming along?" He asked, Melody hummed softly and tapped her chin.
"I'm not going to lie, I haven't done anything since... you know the attack on the village." She confessed, he nodded slightly. "How about you?"
"Same as you... I've just been working on Chidori. Kakashi Sensei hasn't been around much." He said frowning slightly. Melody turned to him,
"none of the Jonin or higher have been around they've been working harder than normal because we don't have the Hokage. Those that are around are trying to keep order with the village as they try and find a Hokage." She explained as she stared up at the ceiling. Sasuke nodded as Teuchi placed the two bowls in front of them.
"You two enjoy your food!" He said smiling, Melody smiled back.
"Thanks!" She said snapping her chop sticks as Sasuke did the same, Ayame came back and sighed softly.
"Don't you think, those two look so cute together?" She gushed, Melody choked on her food as Sasuke raised an eyebrow, stopped eating and stared at the old man's daughter.
"What?" He said quietly, Ayame blushed and rubbed her neck as Sasuke turned his attention to Melody, he picked up the glass of water and she took it from him as he began to pat her back.
"I just mean we see you often walking together and now you're on a date, it's so cute." Ayame giggled, Melody stopped choking and looked at Ayame. Sasuke took the drink from Melody and sighed going back to his food before muttering.
"Thanks." He said, Melody tilted her head to the side and stared at Sasuke with her jaw dropped.
"Guess he doesn't mind." She thought before smiling back at Ayame. "Thank you Ayame." She said before digging into her food.

"Thank you for the food!" Melody beamed as she waved to Teuchi and Ayame as they left Ichiraku ramen. Sasuke shoved his hands in his pockets and sighed as Melody skipped up to him and clasped her hands behind her back.
"Hey Sasuke?" She began, he hummed in acknowledgement and they continued to walk. "Thanks for the food..." She trailed off, words failing her. Sasuke's eyes flickered down to her but he didn't push it as they headed towards her house. They came to a stop and Melody turned to face him, he raised his hand and brushed his fingers through her hair.
"I'll see you later." He said, she nodded and Sasuke turned away and began to walk off. She watched him go and a dark feeling washed over her, the wind blew, her hair brushing across her face, Sasuke disappeared into the night and she glanced up at the moon before turning on her heels, and headed in for the night. A strange darkness was creeping its way through the village and it set Melody on edge, she didn't know why.