Chapter 6

Authors note: Enjoy!

"Hey Shikamaru." Melody said as she strolled to the gates, Shikamaru nodded at her as Ino and Yaya spotted Melody and squealed before running and hugging her. Melody blinked and patted their backs.
"Yaya is so amazing!" Ino said, Yaya nodded in agreement.
"Ino is like my spirit animal." She said laughing, the two girls pulled back and Melody raised her eyebrow and cocked her head to the side to smile at Chouji.
"So I take it they got along on the mission?" She asked, Chouji nodded.
"Like two peas in a pod." He laughed, Melody smiled and walked over next to Shikamaru.
"I was heading over to your parents, when I remembered you'd be back today, so wanna head over together?" She asked, Shikamaru nodded and put his hands in his pockets and yawned. Melody smiled and turned to Ino and Yaya.
"Well I'll catch up with you guys later, have a nice rest of the evening." She said, Shikamaru nodded to the girls and Shikamaru and Melody headed off, chatting quietly as they went. Chouji turned to the girls.
"I'll be heading off too, you ladies have a nice night." He said and began to walk away. Ino and Yaya giggled.
"Bye Chouji!" They called, and they could hear him laugh as he disappeared round the corner.
"My mum is probably making dinner about now, want to join?" Ino asked, Yaya's face lit up.
"Sleepover at Ino's!" She laughed, Ino nodded and the two linked arms.
"So like. Shikamaru and Melody, what's that about?" Ino asked, Yaya chuckled.
"Aren't they just adorable?" She answered, Ino nodded.
"I can tell you so many stories! I swear they are siblings in another life time!" And off they went to enjoy a rather gossipy sleepover.

Clay had finally been given a day off and he was in his room reading. He put down the book and lay down. He knew the shadow was hovering in the corner, grinning at him. Between missions, training and this shadow he was slowly piecing things together, however the shadow was rarely forthcoming.
"Tell me, the Shoku project. It's to do with the moon?" Clay asked again laying in his bed with his hand behind his head as his other hand held a book in front of his face. The shadow grinned on the floor.
"I cannot say, that would be telling. What do you know?" It said, Clay rolled his eyes.
"You know, you're more annoying than everyone in this village." He said, the shadow grinned.
"Then why do you stay?"
"Because I will protect this village. From monsters, demons, and threats in or out of the village." Clay said closing his book and sitting up. The shadow had disappeared, and Clay stood up heading towards his desk where he picked up his Clay doll. "I just need more answers before my next move." His eyes glanced over to his picture he picked it up before slamming it down on the desk. He couldn't look at it. He raked his hand through his hair before picking up the bingo book. "Starting with him..." He stared at the picture and smirked before heading out of his room.

"And that sums up your mission." Tsunade said. Kaiya, Shino, Kiba and Hinata nodded as Kaiya put her backpack on her back.
"You can count on us, Lady Tsunade." Kiba said and the group headed off.
"Do you think they'll be okay together?" Shizune asked as the door shut behind them.
"The only hothead on that team is Kiba. I'm sure they'll be fine, besides Kaiya is usually quiet around Shino." She smirked, as she picked up her green tea and took a sip.

The four of them head headed out and began jumping between trees. Kiba let out a howl and jumped passed Kaiya.
"Okay Kaiya! You gotta keep up with us!" Kiba yelled, Shino sighed as Hinata ran along with Kaiya.
"But Kiba, she's not used to our team we should go to her pace." She suggested, Kaiya giggled and nudged Hinata lightly.
"Don't you worry about me Hinata, I'm a full-fledged Chunin I'll be fine!" She said grinning before running faster than Kiba.
"Keep up!" She laughed causing Kiba to chuckle in surprise as the four of them headed to the mission location.

Once they had arrived they were met with malnourishment. Kaiya glanced around with Hinata closely behind her.
"what happened here?" Kiba asked as the group stared around, there were no crops growing in the fields and animals littered the ground, dead. Shino pulled Kaiya and Hinata gently as they almost bumped into a small child, looking tired and ill.
"This looks really bad." Kiba said, Kaiya nodded as they continued through the village. Everyone stared at the group, their eyes tired and their bodies ill. Hinata activated her byakugan and stared around.
"They're very ill. But I can't find what is wrong." She whispered; Kaiya nudged her gently.
"Don't worry we can find out. That's why we're here right." She said giving Hinata a smile, the group came to a stop as an elderly man hobbled to a stop in front of them.
"Are you the ninja from the hidden Leaf?" He asked, his voice gravelly.
"Yes we are." Shino said, and he nodded and gestured for them to follow him.