Chapter 19

Authors note: Valley of the end.

Melody's eyes fluttered open and she gasped as she began to struggle in Itachi's arms.
"Please! Let me go!" She screamed, her eyes darted around until she spotted Sasuke in front of her staring horrified at Melody and Itachi. Her arm shot out and her tears began to flow once more. "Sasuke help me!" She cried, Itachi held her tightly staring at his younger brother. Sasuke's tears flowing as much as Melody's as his body trembled in front of Itachi.
"Please don't kill me." Sasuke cried, Itachi stayed silent, until Melody whimpered in his arms.
"You're not even worth killing. Foolish little brother... If you wish to kill me one day, foster your hatred and despise me. Surviving in such an unsightly manner as this, by all means flee, cling to your wretched life. Leave Melody behind." Itachi's eyes flickered to Melody, whose eyes widened in shock. Sasuke shook his head his eyes widened as his tears streamed down his cheeks watching Melody whimper in fear.

Melody shook her head, shaking the memory away as she jumped through the trees, she could sense them, they were close by. She ran to the edge of the cliff and stared over the waterfalls edge, and there they were. Naruto and Sasuke. She began to jump down, quickly and unsafely, she was running out of time. Tears began to well in her eyes as she landed on the water's surface,
"Please no..." She whispered, her arm rising as Sasuke pulled his back. Her whole-body aching as she ran as fast as she could across the water's surface, she could not believe what she was seeing. This could not be real! This had to be a dream!
Sasuke slammed his hand forward, the chidori sparking furiously.
"SASUKE NO!" She screamed, she watched as Naruto's body slumped forward and Sasuke pulled his hand out of Naruto's shoulder.
"Sasuke... you..." Melody slowed to a walk before dropping to her knees, her body rocking with each wave of the water. Her eyes turned purple,
"NARUTO!" She shrieked, she shut her eyes tightly as Sasuke glanced over at her, her body began to glow brightly. She gripped the sides of her head, her body shaking as the tears streamed down her face,
"I was too late... forgive me... Naruto!"
"Pup. Quit your screaming. And listen."

"Where am I?" Melody thought as she glanced around everything was pitch black, she heard a growling from behind her. She turned slowly and glanced up staring at a pair of red eyes. Her jaw dropped, before she started raking her hands through her hair.
"What is going on?! I need to save Naruto! Sasuke, he killed him! I must stop him! What the hell are you? Where am I? Why- who are you!" She babbled, the growling grew before a loud bark snapped Melody out of her outburst.
"Silence!"
Melody stopped and flinched at the sound, its gravelly voice sent a shiver down her spine.
"Do you know who I am pup?"
"Uh... no?" She responded, the glowing eyes moved higher and the ground underneath Melody shook causing her to take a step back. Out of the shadows came a giant wolf veiled in a deep mist, Melody's eyes widened, and she took another step back.
"You're a wolf." She blurted, the wolf began to snarl, bearing its bright white razor-sharp teeth.
"I am." It growled.
"Am I dead?" Melody whispered, "cau- cause that would suck." She meekly chuckled, staring up at the shadowy creature in front of her. It was hard to look at veiled in the dark blue haze and her eyes couldn't concentrate on any one feature. What she could make out was the dark flowing tails trailing out from behind the creature and as it rested on its haunches long gleaming claws protruded from the end of each paw as her eyes followed up its body, she could vaguely make out indecipherable markings stretching the length of its body in a dark red glow. But nothing could draw her eyes away from the piercing red eyes filled with fear and hatred staring down at her. The large wolf like creature was silent for a moment before replying.
"You aren't dead yet. Unlike your friend there who will surely die soon." It said, Melody frowned. "And if he doesn't maybe I'll just have to finish him off!" It barked and raised its claw smacking it down just short of Melody who was frozen on the spot. The wolf's body lurched forward towards Melody jaws wide and hungry.