Chapter 5

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

________________________________________________________________

I have honestly never felt so scared in my life. For all I knew, they could have good news, but I highly doubted that. The look on both of their faces made it evident they had a problem with something. My hands were shaking, and I wanted to ask them why they'd called us, but decided it was probably best that I didn't in case I got my head blown off or something.

"Do you know why we've called you here?" The Dark Lord asked in a dangerously quiet voice. I only heard him because the room was in a silence so tense, it could be cut with a knife. It was then that I realised we weren't alone. 

"No, my Lord," I replied in an even quieter voice. All heads turned to look at Draco and I saw him quickly shake his head in reply to the question I'd been asked.

"Well, I called you here to discuss your...house arrangements," he filled me in. As he was talking, he had come to stand right by my side. I repressed a shudder and kept my face blank. I knew he wouldn't be happy with the fact that I wasn't in Slytherin, but at the minute he just sounded dangerous. "Would you care to explain to the rest of us, Miss Malfoy?"

"It was all part of our plan," Draco spoke up. I turned to look at him, asking him with my eyes to explain. He just nodded and I turned back to the front with a blank expression again.

"Your plan?" father asked me. I nodded, hoping they would let Draco carry on explaining and not ask for my input. "Carry on Draco."

"Well, we thought it would be obvious for her to be in Slytherin. So on the train; we thought about given her a hidden cover. You'd already told everyone she had a different last name, so we wanted to make the cover stronger. She's academic and Ravenclaw isn't an obvious cover either. She asked the Sorting hat to put her in Ravenclaw," he finished, shooting a look at me. I smiled, and nodded at father. 

A few of the Death Eaters exchanged looks before nodding along and giving up appreciated looks. I felt happy that Draco had managed to make so many people believe his story.

"Well, that sounds like a good plan. We thought you had deliberately disobeyed us, but as long as a lot of thought goes into it, this could work," the Dark Lord muttered as he walked back to the head of the table. "You may go back to school now, use the dungeon as the passage way."

We quickly walked out of the hall and walked in silence down to the dungeons. As we got closer, quick footsteps could be heard coming from behind us. I stopped swiftly, and Draco turned to look at me when he realised what I'd done.

"I'm so proud of you," mother said as she enveloped us both into a hug. "Thank you for defending her like that, they all believed that story" she told Draco quietly.

"Wait, how did you know I hadn't asked the Sorting hat?" I pulled out of the hug to look at her.

"I had an idea you wouldn't be in Slytherin before you left. I talked to Draco and we decided best to come up with a cover story for you. Couldn't have you leaving us when you were just starting out, could we?" she asked me. She had a twinkle in my eye, which I knew came when she was excited.

"Thank you," I told her as Draco dragged me into the blue light. As we landed, I stumbled a bit and fell straight into Draco. He laughed as he stood me upright, but then stopped when he heard a bang from behind him.

"What do you think you're doing up here Malfoy?" Cho asked. Her voice sounded cold, and I could hear the hatred in her words. Draco straightened up and turned to her while I stood looking at them all with my mouth hanging open in shock.