Chapter 16

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling. 

___________________________________________________________________ 

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Draco and Melanie Malfoy..."

I froze. Draco didn't seem to notice. His wand was still raised and pointed in the direction of the person who had just joined us. No one moved for what felt like a lifetime. My heart was still beating at triple the speed it should be.

It was then, that I realised my wand had dropped to my side and was hanging limply. Draco turned around with a determined look on his face, but faltered when he saw the look on mine. He slowly walked over to me, almost as if he was scared I was going to attack at any minute.

"Why have you stopped? They could find out what we're doing if we just stand here!" he whispered to me. The urgency in his voice would normally push me to do what he asks, but right now, nothing was functioning in my brain.

"They know who I am." was my simple reply. I don't think I had it in me to put a longer sentence together. Draco looked at me with a confused expression on his face. Then, as my words sunk in, it slowly turned to panic.

Instead of taking me to hide in a corner like I thought he would, he took a protective stance in front of me, wand raised up high. I think I would have preferred to hide and pretend we never heard the other person to be honest. From where I was stood, I could see him open his mouth to shout out to the intruder in the room.

I took this as my chance to try and stall him. Swiftly, I lifted up my knee and caught him on the back of his legs. My ninja moment seemed to make him forget all about what he had planned on doing so I ushered him behind one of the big stacks of chairs at the side of the room.

"What did you do tha-" Draco started to shout at me, but I quickly covered his mouth with my hand before our 'guest' could hear him. Instead of risking them finding out where we were, I just held my index finger up to my mouth so he knew to be quiet.

Cautiously, I leant around the chairs and poked my head out so that I had a clear view of the door. No one was stood there at the minute. I was just about to motion Draco to follow me out when I saw a head of brown hair start walking in our direction.

I've never seen Draco move so fast in my life, and we've spent a lot of time together. He pulled me back by my robes and walked out from behind the chairs to stand in front of the person I had just caught a glimpse of.

"What're you doing in here?" I heard Draco ask, the tone of shock and disgust didn't go unnoticed by me either. From where I was currently sat, I couldn't see what either of them were doing but I could make out shuffling, which meant one of them was on the move. And I had no idea which one.

"Why? Have you got a problem with that Drakey?" again, I froze. The sickly, sweet voice and stupid nickname only belonged to one person I knew. Trust me; they hated my guts as well.

"Get out Pansy." Draco sneered. "I don't need or want you in here."

"You might not want me in here, but what if Mel does?" she retorted, smoothly, might I add. This didn't sound like the Pansy I knew, and I was fully debating whether or not to round the corner to see if it actually was her.

"I'm alone, so like I said before. Get out Pansy." Draco lied so smoothly, I almost believed him. He's actually that good at it.

The room went quiet for a long time after Draco's last words. I didn't hear any movement though. I'm taking a guess at staring competition going on between the two. The idea of me moving to find out what was happening was overwhelming.