Chapter 12

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

_______________________________________________________________

I leant back in the large armchair I had taken residence in for the past 3 hours and looked around the empty Room of Requirement. All the different stacks of items were in different parts of the room, so we had a clear working space. It no longer looked like the room we had first began using four months ago.

I had walked into the room 3 hours ago to try and figure out what I was going to do about my party invite. In the end, I had sat pouring over books containing very small text, trying to find a way to fix the cabinet. We had finally hit a dead end with the instructions Hermione had given us 2 months ago, and no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to work. Draco had even tried using Dark magic on it, but nothing seemed to work.

So the scene Draco walked into was this: I was leaning over yet another huge leather-bound, probably looking like a hunchback because I'd been sat in the same position for so long, the Vanishing Cabinet had a couple of burn marks on it and a small box of white mice lay at my feet.

"Do I dare ask?" he joked as he walked towards me. When he saw the mice, he moved further away again. I laughed slightly as I remembered his fear and went to stand up so I could explain everything better. My back made a cracking sound, to which came a sudden relief from pain, and Draco scrunched his face up in disgust.

"I still haven't found anything about how to fix this stupid cabinet!" I shouted, hitting the wooden door with my fist. As I did so, a small piece parchment slowly drifted to the floor. Draco hadn't noticed and had walked over to the book I had been reading through since I entered the room 3 hours ago.

The small bit of parchment was floating towards the arm that I had outstretched. When it landed, two words in flaming red ink flashed onto the yellow background. 'Reparo maximus'. Then a small diagram showed in the corner with an arrow pointing towards the part of the cabinet it would need to be used on.

"Drake! Come and have a look at this!" I shouted to him, holding the paper firm in my hand. He walked over, clearly in a panic, and took the small, crumpled parchment into his own hand.

"It's blank Mel."

I snatched it back, ready to show him the spell that was written in bright red. "No, it's not. It's in bright red ink Drake, you can't exactly miss it!" I told him, my anger clearly evident in my voice.

"Look it over Mel, it's blank. There's nothing on it at all."

I glanced down at the small square in my hand to see the writing had disappeared. I turned it over in between my fingers to make sure I hadn't shown Draco the wrong side. When I finally looked up, I saw the smug look on the face of my twin brother. I gave him a small shove and started circling the cabinet looking for the small hole the diagram had pointed out.

"Told you," his smug voice carried to me from the armchair I had recently vacated. "Oh, and your hair turned red again."

I grabbed the curls at the end of my ponytail and dragged it round so it was in my line of sight. It was the same platinum blonde hair I had been used to seeing all my life. I looked up confused at Draco, wondering why he kept saying my hair was changing colours. Every time he had said it up to now, I would check and it was the same blonde colour as before.

"Well, it was when you were shouting. Your eyes turned bright green as well." he stated calmly. I, on the other hand, whipped my head around fast to face him, before running round the Room of Requirement in search of a mirror. Draco sat laughing at me from behind his desk the full time.