Chapter 8

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

*Read A/N at the end please!*

_________________________________________________________________

 "Come ON!" I shouted to Cho, dragging her along the deserted corridor as I did. She was mumbling about it being too early to be wandering the school even though we had been up at this time last week to go to her Quidditch practise.

"Where're we going anyway?" she asked me, her voice still groggy from sleep. I turned my head and rolled my eyes at her, quite amused at how impatient the girl was.

"I told you, it's a surprise!" I explained to her again. I came to a stop and Cho, who hadn't been paying attention to what I was doing, walked straight into my back. "We're here!"

"This had better be worth it!" she warned me, but I could see the curiosity in her eyes. I nodded my head in answer to her and started pacing in front of the wall, focusing on what I wanted the room to become. The door appeared and I grabbed Cho's wrist again and pulled her through.

The room had transformed into the same cluttered place as the last time I had been in here with Dobby, although, it looked as if more things had been added to it. A couple of bottles lay smashed on the ground and others were stashed in the far corner. I drew my attention to the big cabinet that stood in the middle of the room and cocked my head towards it so Cho knew why I'd brought her.

"I still don't get it! You bring me out of our dorm at half 6 in the morning to show me an old cabinet that looks completely usel-" I cut her off before she complained anymore.

"The cabinet is not useless! It's a vanishing cabinet. People used to use them when the Dark Lord was in full power in the First War. When we went out for our school thing in August, we went into Borgin and Burkes for something, and I saw the matching one in there..." I trailed off in the hope she would catch onto my plan.

When she still looked confused, I sighed and explained, "The cabinets have a direct passage way to travel in, and we can go from the school to Diagon Alley from here. Want to go shopping?" I asked her with a smirk.

She returned the smirk of her own and nodded enthusiastically. "You know, I don't get how people don't realise you and Draco are twins, when you smirk, you're practically identical to him!" she laughed. I chuckled.

"Yeah, I never thought the plan would work, to be honest. We're practically identical without smirking as well," she nodded in agreement. "Come on, we better go get changed and get our bags before everyone else wakes up."

Half an hour later we were walking back into the Room of Requirement, ready to go into Diagon Alley. We hadn't really put a lot of effort into the clothes because we couldn't get caught out of school two weeks into the start of the year. Cho looked around the room.

"Isn't Draco coming with us?" she asked me, still looking around the room trying to spot my twin. I shook my head, realising I would have to explain to her.

"I haven't told him about the cabinet, he would get ideas and I'd rather he didn't use them for his plans," I told her, emphasising the word plans. Cho didn't understand what I meant, but luckily, she didn't question me further. She just shot me a shocked look.

"I thought you told each other everything?" she asked, her mouth still forming the perfect O. I had to laugh at the expression on her face.

"I normally do, but how about we make this our little secret?" the smirk was back on my face. She laughed again, but nodded all the same and made her way forward to stand in the cabinet. I stepped in alongside her and closed the door.