Chapter 13

I don't own any of the characters apart from Melanie Malfoy. All of the characters belong to J.K. Rowling.

__________________________________________________________________

"You mean you didn't know I was in love with Lily Potter?!"

I had now been stood in the same spot just staring at Snape for the past 10 minutes. He had started to get a bit self conscious under my gaze and was moving uncomfortably, but I couldn't fully process anything at this moment in time.

"Miss Malfoy?" Snape asked uncomfortably from behind his desk. His voice brought me back to reality and I slowly covered the distance between me and the desk.

"Huh?" was all I managed. I think being put into shock had made me forget how to put a sentence together. Trust me on this; it's not normal for me to be speechless.

The air surrounding us seemed to be caving me in and suffocating me. My anger had clearly gotten out of hand again. Draco had been saying that whenever I yelled at someone my hair had been turning red, but it had never stayed that colour for so long before. Snape was still very quiet, having only said my name since he blurted out his confession.

"Sir, why does my hair turn red when I'm angry?" I asked. I sounded like a four year old asking my mother what something I'd seen was, but the events of the night were still sinking in, so I had my excuse.

"It appears to me, Miss Malfoy, that you are a metamorphmagus.Sometimes it is apparent from birth, other times through an event that has happened to the person. I'm guessing that yours has only recently shown otherwise you wouldn't be as shaken up," he finished. He still looked slightly awkward and his voice stayed monotone.

"What's a metamorphagun?" I stuttered. Whatever it was it didn't seem too good to me and I'd never heard of it before.

"Metamorphmagus. It means you can change your appearance at will. At the beginning, it is usual for it to be controlled by emotions, just as yours is, but as you learn more about it, the more you learn to control it," he explained calmly. I nodded my head in understanding.

"Okay. So what's this about Lily Potter?" I questioned as calmly as I could. The atmosphere in the room suddenly tensed up again and I avoided looking anywhere near him. He shifted uncomfortably in his chair and turned to look at me again.

"I will need you to forget I ever said that."

"WHAT?!" I exploded.My hair had fallen out of the clips I had put it in for Slughorn's party and now I could see the red strands falling into my face. Snape jumped back slightly but then returned to the originally cool manner he had adopted since his last outburst.

"Calm down Miss Malfoy," he instructed me, now avoiding looking near me. I took a few deep breaths before returning to the seat I had just left and turned to face my professor again.

"Tell me, otherwise I'll tell everyone about your secret." I smirked proudly and this time he didn't just look scared, he looked petrified. My smirk grew even wider and I relaxed back into my chair, crossing my arms behind my head for effect.

"How do I know you wouldn't do that if I tell you the whole story?" he answered back just as cockily as I'd talked to him. I leant forward again thinking about how I could prove it. I slowly took my wand out the side pocket in my dress and brought it up to my heart.

Snape looked slightly amused at my actions, but also confused. I whispered the spell as quietly as I could and drew a cross over my heart. When the fiery X was finished, it floated over in front of Snape who looked quite impressed before the X burst into flame.