chapter 3

naoya zen'in

"Wake up Kayo, you're late." Opening her eyes a little, she looked around. First out of the window, which made her turn her head quickly to the other side, because of all the light. Then to her wardrobe, then at the person on the door. Her sister was raising an eyebrow at her.

"What am I late for?" "Didn't you say, you would come to Jujutsu Tech today?" She quickly jumped out of her futon. "I said what?" Looking around she hurried to Toji's room. It was pitch black, curtains closed and the person inside in a deep sleep. She knew she was going to commit some kind of suicide with waking him up. She walked towards him and bowed down, tapping on his body a few times. He moved a little and grabbed her face, "Kayo?" "Wake the fuck up." She wanted to stand up but he was still holding her face, covering her mouth, making it hard for her to breath through it. Knowing the violent ways of Toji Fushiguro, she also knew what helped against it. Violence.

Slapping his face, she stood up and walked to the curtains, ripping them halfway off, she walked out shouting, "I have to go to Jujutsu Tech, you're on your own." "Bitch, why did you wake me up?" "If I wake up, you do too." Pushing her sister outside, she hurried into the bathroom to change. Taking jeans, boots, t-shirt and a casual leather jacket, she bumped into Toji, who smacked the back of her head. "What was that for?" "You ruined my dream." "Couldn't have been that important." She rolled her eyes. "I was killing you." "Nice."

She walked out, only to see Shoko looking at her phone. Next to each other, they started to walk to the school. Holding one of Shoko's bags, Kayo silently walked next to her sister. Shoko was going to stay at the school again, she just was at their home for a few weeks, for familiar businesses.

The road to the school didn't take as long as they had planned. As they arrived, Kayo stopped in front of the gate. "What is it?" Her sister being stressed over the fact, that she was already late but to he honest, she could care less about it. "When did I agree to come?" "Yesterday, while Naoya-san was there." Rolling her eyes, she walked inside the place, giving Shoko her bag and making her way to Masamichi Yaga.

"Sensei?" "Oh, Kayo. Did you come because of that one request of Satoru's?" Not even remembering anything she had to be honest, "I don't quite remember what that was about." She smiled, hoping for a nice answer. "You're going with a few students today. On a mission." He continued sewing a few things. "Can I ask why?" "We need another special grade sorcerer." "Another special grade? I assume Satoru or Suguru are going." She sighed. What was this even for?

"A grade 1 or a special grade 1 weren't enough?" "No." "Are we actually exorcising a curse or are we doing something else?" "The mission was given by an anonymous person." "What is this mission about, Yaga?" Surprised by the informality, he tried to keep his cool. "Just as always, seeing through everything. Am I right?" "Just as always, I am impatient. What is this about?" She was fuming. Not even knowing why, but that feeling inside of her was the complete opposite than comfort. "You'll find out later, after classes, with the students."

Slamming the door while closing it, she bumped into someone. "Why do I keep bumping into people?" She looked up, just to see Naoya in front of her. Quickly turning around and walking away, "No, I am hallucinating. I need coffee." Walking around, hoping she saw wrong, she tried to find the vending machines.

When she picked up her coffee, Shoko and her friends were standing behind her. "Anything you want to say?" She looked at them while sipping a little of her warm drink. No one said a thing, so she talked herself. "When are your classes done?" "In like two hours." Rolling her eyes, the students walked away. "What did they even want?"

Quickly after they left, Naoya came to the same place and sat down on the bench, which was near the vending machines. He hadn't noticed her yet, making Kayo stare at him. "The fuck are you doing here?" Widening his eyes at her, he replied, "The actual question is, what are you doing here?" "Yaga wanted my help." She sat down, on the same bench, even though she kept her distance from him, she didn't like sitting there. "Do you know what it is about?" "No." Even his talk was dry.

Being still tired of being woken up earlier than normally, she placed her head back and closed her eyes, drooling to sleep quite fast. At the same time, the group of friends were watching them from a corner. "Now, let's bet on Naoya-san interacting with Ieiri-san." Gojo proposed. "Are we betting on money?" Typical Mei Mei, she still asked.

"Of course, so, I am betting first. 1000 ¥ on Naoya interacting." Shoko spoke. The next offer coming from Utahime, "1000 ¥ on Naoya not interacting." "I bet the same as Utahime." Geto said to them. "1000 ¥ on Naoya interacting." Mei Mei said and Gojo nodded, "I totally agree." They turned around to Nanami and Haibara, "Want to bet either?" Haibara nodded, while Nanami rolled his eyes. "I bet 1000 ¥ on Naoya-san interacting." Haibara was smiling, as always, which was replied with a smile by Gojo. "I say the opposite." Nanami wasn't even sure why he participated in this.

"So we have 3 people betting on Naoya making nothing and 4, betting that Naoya will do something." Gojo's eyes were shining, as well as Mei Mei's.