chapter 16

naoya zen'in

Hearing voices from inside, she waited until they got out. A young, familiar girl with a rather muscular, taller boy. "Mai?" Mai turned her face towards the woman, standing in front of them. "Kayo-san? You're back?" Leaving a rather confused Todo, the short haired girl went up to Kayo and hugged her. "You finally came back." Knowing the emotional ways of her, Kayo smiled and spoke, "So, what about you? You didn't want to leave Maki. What happened?" "Nothing, just Maki, you know." Whispering something into Kayo's ear, Todo continued to stare at the nice and emotional Mai in front of him. The Mai he didn't know. The Mai, no one other than Kayo and Maki, knew.

The older one let go and waved at the boy behind the black haired, walking inside the Zen'in residence. Memories after memories, everything was crossing her mind. What if he changed?

"Excuse me?" A maid greeted her, "What were you doing here?" "I am here to see Naobito Zen'in." "Follow me." There was doubt in her voice. Something was different than before. They walked a little, passing a small bridge, when Kayo had the idea of asking, "Have you ever met Mina Zen'in?" "No, I've only heard about her." "What have you heard?" "Naoya-sama said she was a slut."

Stopping the second she heard those words coming out of her mouth, she wanted to slap the girl but no, it wasn't her who said that, it was Naoya. Why would he say that about his sister? Wasn't he caring for her? She continued to walk, "Can you describe Naoya-sama to me?" Not wanting others to find out why she was here, she changed the way she talked. These type of girls just go around telling everything to everyone. "He is very powerful and about to be the next head of the Zen'in clan. He is just waiting for a monkey to show up." "A monkey?" Her facial expression changed quickly to a sarcastic, no, to a psychotic smile. "A woman, his father had promised him to marry. After an incident, she had left him alone, never coming back." "So, he's waiting?" "He forgot about her after quite a time. He mainly just needs her to become the head of the clan." Kayo scoffed, bastard, she thought.

"Can I ask about that incident you've mentioned?" "I am not authorized to talk about it." "What would happen if you did?" "I may be beaten to death." "On whose orders?" "Naoya-sama."

They arrived inside the building, where nothing had changed. Full of anger, she left the girl behind, making her own way to find them. "It's lunch time." She smirked, "I know where they are." Walking through the marvelous, antique halls, she arrived in front of a door. The door to the dining room. The place Toji had-. Kayo knocked, the talking inside stopped, somehow giving her the order to open the door.

Her long brown hair was hanging over her shoulders, covering parts of her blouse. The porcelain face she had, covered by her side bangs, only revealing her familiar tired eyes and an unfamiliar scar to the men in the room. She was looking at the table with pure disgust, which quickly had changed into a huge smile. The one Satoru always had on. Leaning towards the doorway arch, "I hope, I am not interrupting anything."

The men, other than Naobito and Naoya left. Finally being alone, Naobito spoke, still eating, "Okaeri, Ieiri."

She slowly turned her head to her right side, the side Toji would normally stand. It was an habit of hers to look to her right as if he would still stand there. "Why are you looking there?" "Habit of mine." "Sure."

She rolled her eyes, kneeling down on the free side of the table. Hearing no one say anything, she turned to Naobito, "You know why I am here, so, speak." Hearing the demanding way of speech, Naoya spoke up, "Who do you think you are speaking like that?" Literally staring into her soul, all the hope she had had died. "You've changed, Naoya." "Funny that you act like you knew me." "Well, I know how you acted the last time I saw you." "When my lowlife of a cousin died?"

Being done with this, she slammed her hand on the table, making Naobito's food spill over a little. She leaned towards Naoya and pointed with her index finger on his face. "You. You out of all people. I know completely well how you've been in that situation. I know what you said to me, I know how you acted. Don't act as if it was nothing." He hit her hand away and scoffed, "It's been 10 years, get over it already. People change." Sitting back down, Kayo glared and waited for Naobito to speak.

"In two days. Two days are enough for this to get over with, right? Anyone you want to see at the wedding, Ieiri?" "Should I write it down?" He just nodded and she took out a small piece of paper, writing names down.

-shoko ieiri
-maki and mai zen'in
-satoru gojo
-nanami kento

Her thoughts about guests were interrupted by her phone's ringtone. Giving the piece of paper to Naobito, she excused herself and went into the hallway. "Hello?" "It's Fushiguro." Hearing his soft voice through the phone, she quickly put the call on hold and opened the door. She turned to Naoya, demanding, "Naoya will send me anything I need, right? I need to go." Leaving the place quickly, turning to her call, she heard a few other people in the background.

"Fushiguroooo. What are you doing?" "Shut up, he's on the phone." "Who is he talking to?" "Ieiri-san." "Why is he talking to Shoko-san?" "Itadori you dumbass, not her. The older Ieiri." "Ahhh." "Could you two shut up?"

"Megumi?" Kayo spoke to him. "Yes?" "Why did you call?" "Oh, right. No one is telling me anything about what happened today, so I decided to ask you. Why were you so surprised to see me?" She laughed, leaving the boy on the other end of the phone call confused. "It has to do something with your father. I can tell you anything if you want to." The boy, who refused to hear things about his father from Satoru, decided to agree on this. "Sure, today?" "Are you free right now?" "I am." "I am coming to Jujutsu Tech then." "Later."

She hung up, looking at the Zen'in residency, hoping that Naoya didn't completely change.