chapter 12

naoya zen'in

It had been a few days since the incident with Mina had happened. None of the two had talked about this, to be honest, they haven't even seen each other since Naoya vanished and Kayo didn't go after him. None of them told anyone about this. Not even Toji.

———

"Where are you going?" Kayo was sitting half asleep with Toji in a restaurant for lunch. "On a walk." "Now? Oh." She grinned. "You're going to make a move on the group? How do you even know if they're all together?" "Oh, I have my sources. By the way, it's been too long. I don't like waiting for others." He rubbed his neck. "I am coming with you." She also stood up, leaving some money on the table. "After all, I am just there to watch." He just shrugged his shoulders, making their way to Jujutsu Tech.

Indeed, the group of students and Naoya was together. Separating their ways before anyone could notice them, Kayo waited for Toji to make his move. After all, she did have cursed energy and was easier for Satoru to notice.

Being the violent way he was, Toji started his first attack with stabbing Satoru. Kayo smirked and walked past them towards one of the buildings, went inside and appeared on its roof. Looking at the four, she sat down on the edge, "Let's see how this will go."

It hadn't been long, Shoko and Naoya had left, she was somewhere safe, Noaya close by, keeping an eye on her older sister. Their plan was to mainly tire Toji with Geto, so that Satoru could move freely, which was, well, crossed by Toji's plan. He took them both out, a knife in Satoru's throat, a katana stabbed through Geto. Both were lying there, as he took another weapon out of his curse and walked towards Kayo. Both of them started to walk away, towards the big gates, wanting to leave. The brunette made a quick hand sign to her younger sister, showing her that she could go to her friends without expecting to get attacked.

Shoko hurried to Geto to heal him, knowing that Satoru would somehow survive, which was fully proven by his slow movements. He held the knife, took it out and tried to stand up. Not even catching a little bit of Shoko's attention, he laughed and walked off after the man who had tried to kill him.

His walk wasn't fast, he was heavily injured after all. He couldn't heal himself as good as Shoko healed others with her reverse cursed energy. He was barely hanging on a thread, with the aim to kill the person he was ordered to kill.

Appearing in front of the two friends, Kayo quickly moved out of Toji's way, revealing the man's confused face. "You?" "Me." Satoru was laughing, he had officially lost it, just like Toji did. "Let's start then, Satoru Gojo."

It was intense, more intense than before. The close attacks Satoru received didn't give the white haired student any opportunities to use his cursed energy. Finally managing to hurt Toji, he took his opportunity and formed his technique, hollow purple, aiming it at him, injuring the whole left side of the man. He was about to kill him. There was no way of surviving for Toji Fushiguro. He knew that.

"No, no, no, no. Why is this so goddamn hard." Wanting to do anything, Kayo was stopped by Noaya, who grabbed her arm, not letting go until this was officially over.

"You know, Megumi. His name means blessing. I gave it to him. You should make him a jujutsu sorcerer. I bet his technique will be quite useful." Satoru widened his eyes, "But, Ieiri-sa-" "She deserves better than caring for what I couldn't take care of myself." With those words, Toji fell onto the ground, still breathing, giving Kayo an opportunity to talk to him.

Ripping her arm off Noaya's grip, she ran towards the man laying on the ground. "Toji, you big old idiot." She punched his chest. "You promised not to leave." "You are the one not breaking the promises here, Kayo."

"What the hell do you want me to do now?"
"Let go, Kayo. Let go of what happened to you."
"You know that I can't. It's not that easy."
"Have you ever tried? You don't know how easy letting go is." Tears started to roll down her face.
"You could've told me this without dying, you know."
"It's more effective this way." A small smile was on Toji's tired face.
"Don't go. Don't leave me, Toji."
"It's fate I guess. After all, it happened because of my relatives."

"Damn fate. I don't care about anyone else. You don't deserve to die, Toji. You helped me through everything. You're not as selfish as you think. You care. I know that and someone like you doesn't deserve to die. You mean too much to me. Everything we did together, every single memory we have, please, I know you can't change fate but at least say something."

After a short amount of silence, he raised his deep voice, "I love you, Kayo. That's why you deserve much better." His last look was towards Naoya.

That moment was the moment they both felt something different. Toji and Kayo, they felt more. They felt love for each other, even if it was just platonic.

Silence. She didn't get another answer. Not even hearing his breath anymore, she put her face on his chest, screaming, "Fushiguro."

-

so, i created a discord server for all of us
the link is on my profile