chapter 6

naoya zen'in

"Do you think she'll be trying to protect him?" "No she won't." "How can you be sure?" "She isn't the type of person to do that." "How do you know?" "Oh Satoru, shut up with your unnecessary questions." Shoko was already stressed about her sister's situation, not even knowing what to think about Toji, who was living with them right now.

"You can try to kill him, while he is cooking." "As if I'd do such thing." "You're still participating though." "I am going to help you to not die, couldn't even master this technique." "Sure, tell me about your six eyes technique then." She just rolled her eyes and looked out of the window. Was Toji going to leave?

As Kayo entered her home, Toji wasn't there. Taking one cigarette, she started to smoke while preparing something to eat. The nicotine calmed her down, though she knew how bad it was for her lungs, it felt good. "God damn it." She threw the cigarette away, out of anger that she again started to smoke because of stress.

"Woah. What stressed you this much?" Turning around, she looked at the man standing there. Toji came. "They're planning on killing you." She said it. She planned not to, but how could she hold herself from not telling? How can she not warn her best friend?

"Jujustu Tech?" "And Naoya." "You?" "As if I would." "Don't you want to fight till death with me?" "I do, but I'll only get a chance if you hurt two of them badly." "That's easy." "Come on take this seriously. What're you going to do?" "Not die?" "They're strong." "Suddenly I am not?" "You are, you're mainly stronger than them but-" she sighed. "There are three of them and one of them is Satoru." "Would you grieve if I killed him?" "Better than you dying on me." "Are you giving me the permission to hurt them the way I want?" "Since when are you asking for permission?" "Whatever." "Shoko will be there too."

Rolling his eyes, he looked at the counter. He did care about Shoko. After all she was Kayo's sister and quite the good person to be around. Carefree. "Just be prepared, that's all." He nodded and walked out of the room whistling something.

———

Just a few days had past after the incident with Kayo's breakdown in front of Naoya. Today was the day where Toji and her were going to visit the Zen'in household.

"Who do you think did it?" "Do I look like I care?" "Plan on killing him. It doesn't matter whose help you'll be having, you know that his death means quite much and brings us big opportunities." One of Naoya's cousins spoke to him. Conversations like these were common during lunch. Hearing two girls laughing outside, a few of them looked at them.

"What are we going to do about the other, that has no cursed energy?" Referring to the twins, Maki and Mai, one of Naoya's cousins asked Naobito. "She's gonna go marry and work for her husband, it's quite obvious, right?" Naoya replied to his comment. His father just nodded in agreement. After a long time of silence, someone opened the topic, no one had the courage to talk about.

"Toji is coming tonight?" his question was directed to Naoya, because of the tight relation he had with him. If we're even allowed to call it like that. "Yes." "Is he bringing any company?" "He indeed is." "Who?" "Kayo Ieiri." Naobito choked on his food, while listening to their conversation. "What is the reason for that?" "They're friends." "Anything else?" "She wants to be the one to take care of Megumi."

Standing up after hearing everything he wanted to know about, Naobito went into his room.

After the other men had finished their lunch, Naoya went to the twins outside and stopped their play, "Go help your mother with her chores." They nodded, but he heard a little scoff coming from Maki when he left the court to go inside to talk to his father.

Before he opened the door to his father's room, he met Mina, his sister. "Naoya-sama, do you need anything?" "No." He looked at her. Her clothes were a little more dirtier than normally. "Did you go out?" "I just had to deliver something to someone." "Okay." Looking at the dirt, it wasn't some casual dirt on the street. It looked like a familiar type of dust, which wasn't everywhere. Yeah, well, whatever. He shrugged those thoughts off and walked inside.

Mina walked through the long hallway, to the other women into the kitchen, to prepare food for their husbands, fathers or brothers. "I hope he didn't find out where I came from."