chapter 10

naoya zen'in

"You may now kiss the bride." With these words, Mina was now married to... some man, neither Toji and Kayo knew, but in what position were they to know about her personal life?

As the ceremony was over, Mina came to their table and hugged Toji tightly, "I haven't seen you for such a long time Toji." "Yeah." "You dumb bitch, talk." Kayo whispered into Toji's ear. "Yeah, missed you I guess." He put her down and when she opened her mouth to react, she was interrupted by her husband. "Who may you two be?" The energy Kayo got from him was familiar, it was like the usual Zen'in aura but this time, it was just, different.

"Fushiguro." "Ieiri." He smiled brightly, "The two failures." Both raising an eyebrow at the same time, Toji ready to show off, Kayo slightly moving back and scoffing. "I am sorry." Mina excused him and pushed him to the side. "Hey, he's my cousin and she's his friend, okay? Pay some respect to them." "Who do you think you are, acting like you're better than me." Realizing how she acted, Mina directly moved back and lowered her head. "You're right." After all, she was raised by Zen'in standards, knowing that she wasn't better than any men.

"Bastard. Why did she marry someone like him." "Maybe someone betted on her future?" Kayo said sarcastically, implying to Toji's actions. "Bu the way, do you know when to attack them? The students, you know." "Yeah. Everything's going my way." "Hm, interesting. You like to act like you have the brain sometimes, right?" "Tsk." He scoffed at her snarky remark.

———

While Kayo was talking with the twins, Toji was already gone, making the situation awkward for her, she knew no one there except Noaya and that because he once insulted her about her inability of seeing curses. That was how they met for the first time but the situations now...

"So, Maki, what do you want to be when you grow up?" As no one was around, she could talk freely with the kids. "I want to be important and strong." "Like Naobito-san?" "No, I want to be better." Smiling, hearing those words coming out of her mouth. "What about you, Mai?" "I want to be with Nee-san." Not letting go of her sister's hand, she was standing close to Kayo, holding onto her kimono.

Her long brown hair was occasionally flying, when the wind blew. Today, her eyes didn't look as tired as normally. To be honest, it practically changed from day to day. It had been quite a long time since she had dark circles around her eyes. Wondering what changed that, she felt a touch on her shoulder. Turning around, she was facing Naoya, who was telling the kids to go to their mother, as always.

"You know, is your family scared of me?" "What?" "I mean it. You're always the one sending the twins inside. You're also the only one who actually dares to talk to me." "As if they would be scared of a sorcerer who can't even see real curses. I just thought it would be awkward if a maid or anyone you don't know would come all the time." He tried to be nice?, was the only thought Kayo had in her mind. "Why did you come again?"

"Toji already went home, as well as Mina. Y-" he got interrupted by her. "Mina is already gone? Really? I wanted to ask and give her something." "You could do that some time else." "No, I can't." Looking around herself, she then looked at Noaya. "You probably know where she is living. Could we go there? Quickly?" Looking at her in disbelief, he shrug his shoulders and walked out of the gate, Kayo following him.

The walk there wasn't long, but it still took some time. "I have a question." Kayo widened her eyes a little while talking. "What would happen if I refused to marry you?" "I think that'd mean that Megumi would be in the hands of our clan, but I don't think that my father would allow that. He takes promises serious." "A promise made by a dead man." "How can you be this sure that he'll lose?" "I just do. Don't question it too much, I've always been like this, I've always known." "Yeah, sure."

After a long while of silence, Naoya was curious, "What is your cursed technique? Because you seem to be respected because of it, as a woman." "Oh god, just stop with these misogynistic things."

Those remarks aren't even a part of me, they just belong to the people and place I call home. I would love to stop being like this. Shaking his head, Naoya continued.

"So, what is it?" "It's kinda complicated, but it def has something to do with mind manipulation." Naoya had heard about mind manipulation, a cursed technique which was quite hard to master and one, only some people were able to do and Gojo Satoru wasn't one of them, proving the difficulty and uniqueness, just like the reverse cursed technique.

Both of these were the abilities of the Ieiri sisters.