chapter 15

naoya zen'in

"It's-" "Satoru." She interrupted him. "I know who it is." "You could've at least have less brain, because of your amount of physical strength." "How can I say, I am more perfect and stronger than you are." He just scoffed and pushed the annoyed looking boy in front of her.

She stared at him. Nothing else. She just stared. "They look alike." Was the only sentence she could bring up. She then turned to Satoru, "Don't tell him anything about me you bastard. I'll do it myself if he wants to know." She then turned to Megumi and smiled, "Do you go by Fushiguro?" "Yeah." A warm smile was on her face. The overwhelming made her want to leave as quickly as possible.

"You know, I need to go to the Zen'in clan. I shoud go now." She waved and turned around to the gate just to bump into someone. Looking at the blond man in front of her, she had to look twice. "Nanami?!" "Oh, Kayo-san, you're back." "Why has everyone changed so much? Nice to meet you again." She smiled at him then again waved, this time, only to Nanami. "I'll see you later."

Satoru, Nanami and Maki had the same thought, wouldn't you look at that. If it's not her that has changed completely.

After Megumi's unanswered questions, Maki asked Satoru, "Do you think she'll feel genuinely happy again after she marries Naoya?" "Let's not forget that we're talking about Naoya." "Don't you see how much she changed? She was completely different while Fushiguro-san was there and even after his death, she kind of found comfort in that bastard of a cousin. That's what Shoko-san told me." "And that's what she told me." Shoko said, holding the letter in her hands. The letter Kayo gave Noaya before she had left.

shoko,

you know, i've been thinking. why am i so afraid of myself? nay my cursed technique? really, i suck for this. and knowing that toji will die doesn't make me any better. if i could somehow master the technique, get over what happened and what will happen. just, if i could let go.

i've probably never told you about this, but you're smart enough to figure this out yourself. my biggest dream in life was just to forget the incident with mom and dad and just, you know, learn. that's what i am going to do, that's why i am going to leave.

my marriage with naoya, well, it will be delayed because as you know, i don't break my promises. i will try to come back stronger and mentally better? i think i could get comfort by noaya about toji but that's not what i like to do, it just seems weird, even though he has meant a lot for both of us.

by the way, i know that satoru will get told to take care of megumi and i'll respect that. it was quite obvious, just, don't question how i found these out, it's hard to explain how I read a person (especially toji). what i wanted to say was that, if megumi will ever ask about his dad, which he probably won't, don't tell him anything about toji. i think i am one of the only people to know his actual good and bad sides and i'd like to tell megumi those myself.

i think that you'll get through this time easily. you do have your friends after all. i'll miss you shoko, more than anyone else, i hope you'll be doing fine. i know that you won't hate me for this, but you'll definitely mock the shit out of my situation, i can see it coming.

sayonara
ieiri kayo

"I just want her to find someone like Fushiguro-san." "Oh, no one will ever be able to replace Toji's empty place in her heart." Shoko shook her head. "But maybe, two people who carry the same amount of loss can change each other's emotions." Shoko left with Satoru, going inside the building of the school, she spoke, "Do you think Fushiguro will try to find her?" "Even though he seems uninterested, I bet she caught his attention." "I gave her the place, where Suguru is lying." Still looking forward, he just brought out a "Hm" and walked off.

——

Arriving at the well known, too well known, Zen'in household, memories started to overflow her mind. The first time she went there, with Toji. The talk she had with Naoya. Mina's wedding. Toji.

"Why am I here?" She questioned herself multiple times, going up and down the street in front of the huge gate. "No, I can't go. I promised. I don't break my promise." She mumbled to herself, words that would encourage her but no, she couldn't move. She was obviously too afraid. But why?

Years ago, after what happened, it seemed easy to go marry him. What if she just left? Maybe he was already married. Who knows? "Oh god, help me. Toji, this bastard, he knew I had to face this." She rolled her eyes. "Goddamn I hate him so much." Shaking her head quickly, she corrected herself. "I just... I just miss him. Why can't he just pop up and help me with this." She was standing in front of the gate, staring at it. "I know that you're laughing at me Toji, but I will marry him. I promised."