chapter 30

naoya zen'in

"I miss you." Kayo stood up from the shrine and left a note next to the door so Naoya could find it if he came looking for her. She took a shopping bag and walked down the hill towards the little village she was talking about.

-

"Kayo-san?" This familiar voice seemed to echo in her ear, not finding who it belonged, she decided on ignoring it and continued walking. "Kayo-san, you left me." She quickly turned around, trying to catch who it was, seeing no one around besides the locals that gave her weird looks, she tried to walk in a straight line although her vision got blurry.

"Ieiri Kayo, 13 year old, a murderer." "She killed her parents? Just like that?" "She's way too overpowered, she should be locked up somewhere." "Is she capable of controlling herself?" "Wasn't she a sorcerer killer?" "That Fushiguro man, they were close weren't they?" "Glad he's dead."

The last sentence made her lose her mind and she opened her domain. Nothing to be found, no curse, no jujutsu sorcerer. Nothing.

She let it happen and minded her own business until her name was yelled again, "Kayo-san!" Yuta appeared right in front of her, "How are you?" "Oh, Okkotsu-kun, you were here all the time?" "Yeah, just taking a rest from jujutsu, why?" "It's nothing." They talked for less than a minute, small talk indeed. Those words she had heard weren't getting out of her head. Was it the boy? Was it a curse? Who was it?

-

"Do you think we can mess up her mind?" A shadow in the woods next to the path Kayo was walking on said to the creature next to it. "Probably." "Who is her weak point again?" "Naoya Zen'in." "Wasn't a please to the world anyways, won't be too bad if we kill him."

-

"Kaori, it's been a while since I've seen you, how have you been?" "Kayo-san? Is it you?" "Yes, yes it's me." The brunette walked into the store, looking to find her friend who she'd been spending her time with during her years away from her sister and friends. "Kayo-san!" A white haired girl ran towards her, hugging her tight and trying to shake the well built brunette, failing. "Where have you been, I've been meaning to tell you everything." "I had some stuff to handle in Tokyo, you know." "Yeah yeah."

Before Kaori started to tell her all stories she kept memorized, Kayo had an urge to ask something, "Kaori, did anything happen the past few days? Curses and stuff like that?" "Nope, this place has been curse free for centuries and it still is." "I'm glad."

Kaori started to tell her stories. She was a timid but talkative girl, average height and white haired. Kayo had found her, yeah, she knew about Kaori. A descendant from the Gojo-Clan. Through fear that Satoru would try to hurt her, she never shared this detail with anyone.

-

"Why are you being so persistent about mentally hurting that woman?" A tall shadow in the woods asked the shorter one, "What did she do?" "We want to eliminate Satoru Gojo, right?" "Yes." "Kayo Ieiri is a bigger threat we didn't consider. Her popularity isn't as high as his, that's why none of us knew of her and her cursed technique. A burden quite literally." "So the only thing to do is kill her? That sounds easy." "We can't kill her. If there was someone who could, it'd be the old Fushiguro man or the Gojo scum but both are in no state to do so, that's why we're going to make her go mad to use it to our advance." "Are you sure this is going to work?" "There's a 50 percent chance it will."

The taller figure widened its eyes. It was either an "it works" or "we all die".