chapter 8

naoya zen'in

"Good night." Toji just raised his hand to what Naobito said and turned around, waiting for the girl he came with. She tried to get off the twins that had hugged her tightly. Maki waved at Toji, "I hope you come again, Fushiguro-san. Show me something to learn." Being quite surprised by these words, her family's expressions changed but they didn't say anything about it.

Kayo, leaning towards Maki's ear, she whispered, "I'll be waiting for you at Jujutsu Tech." She nodded heavily and took her sisters hand, who also was hugging the woman. "Your kimono is beautiful Ieiri-san." Kayo patting her head, she waved at them and left with Toji.

"She didn't even say goodbye to any of us." "Let her be." Naoya, already being tired, spoke back to one of his cousins. Raising his eyebrow, they went inside and talked about what had happened.

"What were you talking about Megumi?" "As if I am telling you." "Tell me you asshole, I am the one who wants to be his guardian after all." Kayo got annoyed of Toji's stubbornness again, what was his problem?

"Father, what did you talk about with Toji?" Naoya sighed. "Did he agree?" "He didn't say anything in particular but we made a deal."

"A deal? What deal?" Kayo would've never thought that Toji would interact with them in any way, but he made a deal? "It's about what is going to happen if I died." Toji looked at her, she widened her eyes. "What is-"

"that actually about?" Naoya had sobered up quickly, hearing those words coming out of his father's mouth. "We decided that you and Ieiri would marry and take care of Megumi if he died."

"No, no. I must've understood that wrong. I am doing what? You decided on what, Toji?" Kayo stopped walking, staring at the man in front of her.

"Excuse me, but what?" That sentence had caught Naoya in a shock either. What was this about? What was the reason for this? "You have to plan something, with those two students, to kill Toji. You'll be getting your own family then, Naoya." Those words hit him harder than what he had heard before.

"Don't be mad. I won't die. Trust me." Getting the back of his head smacked, he laughed. "Why is it the only time you laugh, something bad happens or I get somehow hurt." He just rolled his eyes and smirked. "I won't ever forgive you, if you die on me, you know that right?" "You could easily use your cursed ener-" "No. Toji, really, how could you agree on something that will change my future?" "I know and see a few things you don't Kayo."

"Why would you do that?" Naoya was out of words. "Mina is getting married tomorrow, you know that. Don't make a fuss about this to get the whole attention on yourself." While walking out, he whispered a few things to himself, "Oh to be Toji." "You said something?" "No." He closed the door, getting greeted by his maid. "Naoya-sama, do you want anything?" "Can you contact Jujutsu Tech and arrange some kind of meet or something like that with the kids I have a mission with?" "Naoya-sama, I am sorry, but that's not one of the things I am authorized to do." "Then I authorize you to do it now. Just arrange it somehow." Out of fear of his anger, she nodded and made her way.

——

"Shoko, how did this happen to me? Why should I marry that man?" "Well, let's consider Fushiguro-san's strength, there's not a high chance for him to die easily." "But he can still die. What am I gonna do then? Marry Naoya? What was he thinking, betting on my future." "I think he did that for Megumi." Kayo's eyes widened. Getting the feelings of Toji caring about Megumi made her happy.

"But you could easily use your domain if you wanted to." "No." "You have to get over it." "I am over it and I chose to ignore my cursed energy, okay? I am fine like this." "If you say so." Shoko just shrugged her shoulders at her. "Don't you have any other person to talk about this? The whole marriage thing?" "Does it seem like I do?" She rolled her eyes, their conversation being interrupted by one of the assistants in Jujutsu Tech.

"Ieiri-kun, we would like you to come to Yaga sensei." Shoko rolled her eyes and stood up, getting commented by her sister. "Yes, Ieiri-kun. What did you do again? Smoke?" Kayo took out a cigarette packet out of her sister's pocket and raised her eyebrow. "You have your own, go whine to them about your problems." Shoko said, taking the packet and followed the assistant through the hallway.

Taking tours in the court of the school, while she was waiting for her sister, she sat down next to a tree, looking at her phone, slowly drooling into a light sleep.