chapter 14

naoya zen'in

It had been ten years. Ten years after the incident with Toji had happened. She was free for ten years. She had finally let go of the pain and accepted change, but this costed her the life of her best friend.

During the first few months, she had only been thinking about the people in Tokyo, about Shoko, Satoru, Geto and also Noaya. How was he going to react to this?

She was leaving the plane, arriving at Tokyo. It had been enough. Ten years were enough.

Getting her luggage, she was mainly on her phone. Looking at the contacts in her call list. People she hadn't been reaching out to. People she had blocked, not out of hatred, just for their own good. Unblocking every single one of them, she smiled and put her phone back, instantly receiving a message.

shoko
took you long enough

Typical Shoko, the first one to notice things like that. Walking out of the gate, she walked towards a taxi and waved her hand. "Taxi!" She sat inside of the car but before they could even move, it was stopped by someone. Familiar clothing and voice, but she couldn't see his face, so she didn't really care about it until the driver told her to leave the car on that persons demand.

Stepping outside, she had a pale, handsome face in front of hers. He was obviously taller and didn't care much about personal space either. Before she could properly see the person, she spoke, "You remind me of..." She slowly finished her sentence while looking at the male, "Satoru."

Rolling her eyes at his blindfold, she lifted it up, looking straight into his eyes. "How did you know I was here?" "Well, I was near here anyways, some curses and my students, you know, that type of stuff." "Sorry, but I certainly don't." Holding his blindfold in her hands, she continued, "So you're a teacher now?" "Very much true. You have to call me sensei form now on." Kayo just rolled her eyes and continued, "Did something happen to Suguru?" She knew it without actually knowing. Seeing them not together, even though it had been years, it wasn't normal. "You'll find out a lot today." She just shrugged her shoulders and followed into a car with two students inside, Nobara and Itadori.

Regretting her choice of transport, she took out her headphones to overhear all the noise with music. "Ieiri-san? How old are you?" "Are you dumb, Itadori? You can't just ask a woman how old they are!" "I am 32." Those words came out blunt, just like all the other things she said. They had no deep feelings behind it.

For someone who had known Kayo for quite a time, Satoru could see the change. Not only her appearance, also the way she talked, her facial expressions and everything she had before had changed. But he still had that one feeling he always felt around her, he felt... safe.

"Hey, shouldn't you be looking at the road?" But her humor, the way she smiled, those were things that had stayed the same. "Oh yeah, right." Feeling the awkwardness, the teens in the backseat remained silent.

———

Arriving at Jujutsu Tech, she made her way to quickly find her sister. After a while of searching, they met in a corridor, staring at each other. "You took your time Kayo." She sipped on the bottle of wine, she had in her hands. "Have to admit that one. So, you're working here now? Looks like both of you haven't left this place." Saying nothing, Shoko hugged her sister. No word could describe how much she had missed her throughout those 10 years. "I missed you." "I missed you too and I am not ever gonna leave again." "You and your promises." Shoko shook her head while smirking.

After Kayo was told everything that happened, from their past on, the incident with Yuuta and Geto, just like the current problem like Sukuna. A lot had happened during the time she wasn't there. She felt bad. She felt bad for leaving. Maybe she could've stopped Suguru? She shook her head and walked outside of the building, just to see some students.

"Okaka!!" Kayo turned her head around to the trio standing a few meters next to her. Noticing a familiar face, she smiled and pulled her katana at the girl, receiving a quick reaction. "What the he-" Seeing the face of the smiling woman, Maki widened her eyes. "You're back?" "Yeah." "Are you staying?" "Yes, I am." "I missed you through all those years." Affection wasn't common from Maki's side but Kayo was someone she liked. Someone she liked a lot. "You still want to be the head of the Zen'in clan?" "You're still going to marry Noaya?" "Yes, Kayo-san!! Are you still going to marry Noaya?" Satoru joined their conversation.

"Satoru, what do you want?" Turning her head to the white haired behind her. "Rude, but yeah, I want to introduce you to someone." She turned her full attention on him, realizing that someone was standing behind him. "Idiot, do you really think that's a good idea? The first day she comes back?" Maki complained. "Better than her finding out on her own."