chapter 19

naoya zen'in

Arriving at the graveyard both, Toji and Geto were lying, she walked up to Toji's grave smiling. "Let's see." Forming her hands, preparing to cast her domain, she looked around. No one was there.

"Ryoiki Tenkai: Endless Ocean."

She expanded her domain just as big as the whole graveyard was. The ground under Kayo turned into water, which went down deep and would continue to flow, if her domain wasn't distributed on a limited radius. She was able to walk on the water as if it was hard ground. Seeing everything around herself, she closed her eyes, poking something into her skin, making it bleed.

"You're doing it again." "Toji." Her relieved eyes looked at the man appearing in front of her. Looking at her hand, she saw the ring on it, "You didn't break the promise?" "I didn't." He sat down on one of the tombstones and started to complain, "You know, you've been clingy for these past years." "Oh shut up."

Mind manipulation, one of the strongest cursed techniques learnable. It's not like Satoru's six eyes, one doesn't have it since they were born, you have to learn it. Seeming easy, this cursed technique was the pure definition of hard. A technique which needs strong concentration, patience, power, physical and mental strength.

Kayo started at Jujutsu Tech as a non-curse user, even though she had cursed energy, she preferred to use tools, because of her lack of technique. No one told her that she was capable of mastering this until her younger self came across information about it. Not thinking much about it, Kayo began to practice her domain in her first year. A domain was the least, one had to know before getting into the mind part. Evolving herself more and more, she became capable of manipulating minds as well as her own, needed was only a victim at least a scratch, where blood came out. The people inside needed to be injured so she could manipulate them.

Her most common technique was the illusion, making people see what actually isn't there. This was what she used for herself to see Toji, she used it the past few years. Thanks to the often use of it, she regained control over her domain and started to practice her physical strength with Toji, mostly just practicing close combat attacks.

"Why don't you use me outside the domain?" "So people get irritated? No thanks." Rolling his eyes, Kayo wanted to create the illusion of Geto, so she could talk to him about what had happened, but was interrupted by noises. She wasn't afraid of who was coming, she just wanted to know. It would be quite uncomfortable if Megumi now came and saw his dead father in front of him. She quickly ended her domain, so that they wouldn't notice her. Hiding behind a tree, she looked at the man entering the grave yard.

"Suguru?" It couldn't be, could it? After all Satoru said he was dead and she knew he wouldn't hesitate in killing someone, just like he didn't hesitate in killing Toji. She threw a small nail towards the male, hurting his skin. She made him not see no anyone around, leaving the place on peace, walking closer up to whoever that was, noticing something about his forehead. Cursed energy was flowing out of his head, his head only. Strange.

———

Back at the Zen'in household, Naoya and Kayo received their last gifts and sent the rest of their guests home. Shoko and Satoru were still there, following Kayo with their eyes while talking. Kayo however was talking to the maids and Naoya's family, taking all the stuff they were giving her for their new home. Bowing down, she thanked them and excused herself to go inside and change.

Coming back in her usual blouse, boots and jeans, her leather jacket in her hands, she walked up to Naoya. "I'll come immediately, just wanna talk to those two." Pointing at the two talking, Naoya rolled his eyes and waited.

"Why are you still here?" She questioned. "We were just talking." "Yeah." Shoko sighed. "Kayo, will you always be at you new home?" "Oh no, I've got a job to do." "A job?" Satoru looked interested. "Either a teacher at Jujutsu Tech or a sorcerer killer, depends on who replies first."

"Kayo-san, you're joking?" "Why would I? Looks like Megumi isn't going to do it, so I'll continue what Toji started." Both of the younger ones were staring at her. "I can't tell if you're joking or not, Kayo." "Don't I have to avenge his death somehow? Gotta kill the sorcerer who killed him." Satoru opened his mouth, immediately closing it again.

"You dumb kid, really thought I meant that seriously, huh?" She laughed. "I think I am gonna do what I've always done. Work for Jujutsu Tech as help and sometimes teach. That's all from me." She looked at the white haired man, standing there, mouth wide open, he was looking at the brunette over his glasses. "Fix your ugly face Satoru." She walked off, leaving the two behind, waving at them.

———

"It's quite comfortable here." Kayo looked around. The house wasn't far away from the school and Kayo's old home. "Why wouldn't it be?" They were done with everything. The walls were decorated, the rooms had beautiful accessories, but there was one thing they hadn't thought about. The bedroom.

"I am not going to sleep with you." "As if I would want that." He scoffed. "Yeah, then you can sleep on the couch in the living room." "When have you seen a man sleep on the coach? Go do it yourself." "Excuse me?" Their argument continued a while, both too proud to sleep on the couch, they decided to sleep together after all. The bedroom had two bathrooms, one for her and one for him.

Hers was decorated with a few ornaments and flowers, as well as some figurines like snakes. His however was more minimalistic, it had a few white flowers inside of it and his dark towels, other than that, there was nothing more. On the window ledge, Kayo put a few photos there, mainly photos from when they were young. There were a few with her and her sister, as well as ones with Toji. She had also found one with the twins and one with Toji, Naoya and her.

"Take them down, come on." "Oh, are you getting emotional?" "Oh god." He rolled his eyes. "You went to his grave, didn't you?" "I see that you're smart enough to find out for yourself." "If you really don't want to, I won't hold a proper conversation with you." "No, wait. Yes, I did go there." "Why didn't you tell me? I could've gone too." He looked to the side so she couldn't see his face, not seeing her confused expression.

"What is it with you?" She shook her head. "Once I find out you're talking shit about him, Mina and me and once we're out of that hell hole, you tell me that you care about him. Get your feelings straight Naoya." He would've liked to answer. He would have answered but something was keeping his mouth shut.