chapter 4

naoya zen'in

"You already lost." "Excuse me?" "Utahime. You, Geto and Nanami are the only ones that betted on Naoya not doing anything. It kinda shows that you'll lose." "What the hell does that mean, Satoru?" "Your trio is weak." "When did we start talking about strength?" Geto walked towards them and put his hand on Utahime's shoulder. "Utahime, he's mocking you."

"I don't care, he should respect his elders." She turned around and walked towards Shoko, "He isn't even that strong." Shoko laughed hearing her complain about Satoru. "I mean, we don't even know if he's stronger than Nee-san." she said with a strong voice so Gojo would hear her. He just scoffed and turned his head to the two young adults sitting on the bench, sleeping.

"WHAT?" He couldn't believe his eyes. He had lost the bet. Naoya didn't even interact with her in a bit, he just fell asleep. "We want the money." Geto looked at him with a grin on his face, handing his hand over to his best friend. The group walked away, not seeing what was about to happen.

"Annoying brats." Naoya scoffed and sat up straight. He looked at his watch, not even 10 minutes had passed. He looked around to find something interesting and at the end, he just took out his phone. "Might as well look what people are doing."

Scrolling through some stuff, he crossed over an account of the woman sitting next to him. Clicking on it, multiple photos of her with Toji or Shoko appeared. Scrolling more down, he saw something familiar on a photo, something he had seen before. She was posing in front of it but seemed unaware of it. It was a cursed spirit. "Stupid woman, can't even see what's behind her." He scoffed, while looking closer at the photo. It was indeed a cursed spirit, a cursed spirit, which looked familiar for no reason. "Whatever." He looked at her, seeing the coffee in her hands about to spill. He carefully took it out of her hands and placed it on the bench.

"What did that girl even mean with 'We don't even know if he's stronger than Nee-san'?" He shrugged his shoulders. "Isn't the Gojo kid a special grade?" Closing his eyes again, he thought about what kind of thing they wanted from him here and drooled into a light sleep.

——

"Are they sleeping?" "Guess so." "Should we wake them up?" "No, are you dumb?" "Of course we should. They're supposed to come with us to Yaga." "Then wake them up." "Which one first?" "Zen'in." "As if I would wake him up." "Then Ieiri-san." "She'll kill you."

Geto had enough of this talk and went up to Kayo, tapping her on the shoulder. She slowly opened her eyes to see three teenagers staring at her, one even more close than others. "They should've taught you what personal space is, Satoru." She stretched her arms, hitting Naoya's head, who growled at her. "So, what's the mission?" "We have to go to Yaga sensei to find out." Geto said and pulled Satoru off Kayo. "I don't get the secrecy of this." Kayo sighed and started to walk behind the trio, Satoru, Geto and Shoko.

Arriving at the classroom Yaga was in, they sat down on free seats, to listen to the man. "The reason why you all have gathered here is, because we have to get rid of a certain someone on one person's order, which sadly can't be turned down." He looked at Kayo, whose eyes had widened as well as the eyes of everyone else. "Shoko will be dealing with the healing of wounds. Geto and Naoya are our main attackers. Just like that, Satoru and Kayo are the joker cards. If anything bad happens to Naoya, Satoru steps in and if Geto gets heavily injured, Kayo steps in. I do not want you two to fight before."

"Could you stop with the unnecessary talk and start telling about what this is actually about?" Kayo was impatient about this, very impatient. The eyes of everyone were on her, it didn't bother but she still didn't like it. "Our anonymous order wants the death of-

Toji Fushiguro."

A cold breeze was flowing down Kayo's spine. She was shaking. Heavily shaking. This must've been a mistake. How was she ordered to do such thing? As well as her sister. They knew the fact that they were living with him but why- They didn't. No one knew. No one except-

"You, Kayo-kun, you especially were ordered to participate in this." Yaga spoke.

She nearly broke her neck, while turning at the grey haired man next to her. She stood up and picked his face. Not only was a strong aura flowing out of her, her eyes, her motion, everything was showing rage and fury.

"You Zenin's would sell one of yourselves off to get killed, wouldn't you?"