Ch. 1 The Preface

It is early in the morning in the Kingdom of Auroria. A sixteen-year-old dark-haired teenager with mischievous yet kind brown eyes named Prince Edward Rose runs through the hallway of the forty-room palace called the Honeymoon Cottage. Eddie is wearing a short-sleeve blue shirt, a black leather jacket over it, ripped black jeans, and sneakers. Eddie ran past the dining room, but he immediately stops when he hears his name. Eddie stepped back, and he turns his head to see his family eating breakfast.

" Good morning, Sweetheart," Queen Aurora smiles at Eddie when she sees him.

" Morning, Mom!" Eddie smiles at Queen Aurora.

" Morning, Edward. Where are you running off too?" King Philip asked Eddie.

" I am heading to the Beast's Castle since Ben wants to hang out with me," Eddie tells King Philip.

Eddie's younger sister, Princess Audrey Rose, immediately paid attention to him once he said Ben's name.

" Can I come?" Audrey asked Eddie.

" Sorry, sis. Ben says he only wants to see me," Eddie tells Audrey.

Audrey opened her mouth to say something, but she gets cut off by the alarm clock.

" Ah! I'm going to be late!" Eddie shouts. " Bye, Mom!" Eddie runs up to Queen Aurora, and he kisses her on the cheek. " Bye. Dad!" Eddie then runs up to King Philip, and he hugs him. " Bye, Audrey," Eddie ruffles Audrey's dark hair, which causes her to glare at him. " Tell both of my Grans and My Pops that I'll see them later," Eddie runs out of the dining room, leaving his parents and younger sister in the room.

Audrey stares at Eddie's running form with a pouting expression.

" Bennyboo is my boyfriend. Why does he want to see Edward?" Audrey asked herself.

Queen Aurora turns her head to look at Audrey.

" Audrey. Edward and Benjamin have been friends since they were babies, and besides, you'll get to see Benjamin at school," Queen Aurora tells Audrey. " I suggest you finish eating your breakfast because your father took a bite of your pancakes," Queen Aurora amusedly tells Audrey.

Audrey turns to look at King Philip, and she sees her father eating a piece of her strawberry and blueberry pancakes.

" Dad," Audrey giggles when she sees King Philip with strawberry sauce all over his lips. " You have some strawberry sauce all over your mouth," Audrey grabs a napkin, and she wipes King Philip's mouth.

" Thank you, Sweetie," King Philip smiles at Audrey.

Audrey smiles back at King Philip.

Eddie was about to leave the palace when he hears his name. Eddie turns around, and he sees one of his servants holding his backpack.

Eddie smiles at his servant as he politely takes his backpack as he leaves the palace to get on his motorcycle, which was a gift to him from his paternal grandfather King Hubert. Eddie grabs his black helmet, and he puts it on his head, which he made sure is secured since his maternal grandmother Queen Leah is always worried about his safety whenever he rides his bike. Eddie was about to turn on his motorcycle when his cell phone started to ring.

Eddie pulls out his cell phone, and he smiles when he sees Ben's name on the screen. Eddie pressed the green button, and he puts his phone against his left ear.

" Heyo Bennyboi," Eddie happily greets his childhood best friend.

Ben laughs.

" Hey, Eddie. I just woke up. Are you here already?" Ben curiously asked Eddie.

" I am almost there. Be there in five minutes," Eddie tells Ben.

" Okay. I'll have Lumiere send your breakfast to my room," Ben tells Eddie.

" Sweet! See you soon! Bye, Bennyboi," Eddie hangs up the phone call, and he puts his cell phone away in his right pant pocket.

Eddie turns on his motorcycle, and he drives away from the Honeymoon Cottage as he heads towards the Beast' Castle, which is a ten-minute drive.

Ten minutes later, Eddie arrives at the Beast's Castle as he parks his motorcycle on the driveway. Eddie gets off his bike as he takes off his helmet, and he puts it on top of the seat. Eddie turns to the right, and he smiles when he sees Cogsworth walking up to him.

" Prince Edward Rose. Prince Benjamin is expecting you in his chambers," Cogsworth politely greets Eddie.

" Hi, Cogsworth!" Eddie happily greets Cogsworth with a hug and a pat on the back. " Nice seeing you. I should get going," Eddie lets go of Cogsworth, and he runs up the stairs to the front door. " Look after my bike for me!" Eddie shouts as he gets inside the Beast's castle.

Cogsworth turns his head back to look at the motorcycle as he annoyingly sighs. Sometimes Cogsworth wonders why King Beast left him looking after the children's belongings while Lumiere became the King's advisor/right-hand man.

Inside the Beast's Castle, Eddie runs up the stairs to the East Wing. A few minutes later, Eddie finally reached Ben's bedroom. Eddie knocks on the door, and he hears footsteps walking up to the door. Eddie sees the door opened, and he smiles when he sees his best friend, Prince Ben, standing in front of him.