Ch. 15 We were only talking

At the dining hall, Carlos and Jay walked towards an empty table, and they sat down across from each other. Jay glanced at the buffet as his eyes widened when he sees that there are a lot of food to choose from, which causes him to lick his lips. 

Jay looks away as he turns his head to look at Carlos. Jay amusedly stares at his best friend when he sees that Carlos is blushing in embarrassment while his right index finger is tapping on the wooden table. 

" Hey, Romeo," Jay calls out to Carlos, which causes the younger male to look at him. 

" What?" Carlos asked Jay. 

" You like him, don't you?" Jay teasingly asked Carlos. 

Carlos' heart skips a beat as his face begins to get redder when he thinks about Eddie being shirtless. 

" Like who? I don't know who you are talking about," Carlos nervously laughs. 

Jay chuckles, finding his best friend rather adorable when he is embarrassed. 

" You know who I am talking about," Jay tells Carlos. 

" You mean E-Eddie," Carlos shyly looks down at his hands. " Of course, I will like him. Eddie is my musical idol," Carlos tells Jay. " His music makes me feel as though I am loved because my Mom never shows me that she loves me," Carlos sadly sighs. " Not only that, his music kept me alive at night while I slept in my Mom's closet," Carlos lifts his head a little to look at Jay. 

Jay quietly stared at Carlos, feeling pity of the younger male for having Cruella De Vil as his mother. Jay opened his mouth to say something, but he gets cut off by a female's voice. Jay turns his head, and he smiles when he sees Evie, Lonnie, and Elena walking up to their table. 

" Morning, ladies," Jay happily greets the girls. 

" Morning, Jay. Carlos," Evie smiles at the boys. " Hope you don't mind the girls and me sitting with you two?" Evie politely asked her childhood friends. 

Carlos smiled at the girls. 

" Yeah. You are welcome to sit with us. Just don't sit next to me because I am saving a spot for Eddie," Carlos happily tells the girls. 

Lonnie and Elena looked at each other from the corner of their eyes. The two girls smiled at one another, thinking that Carlos has a crush on their best friend. 

Jay raised an eyebrow when he doesn't see Mal with them. 

" Hey. Where's Mal?" Jay curiously asked the girls. 

" Oh! Mal is outside the dining hall," Evie tells Jay as she sits down next to him. " She said that she wanted to ask Eddie something," Evie turns her head to look at Jay in the eyes. 

Jay nods his head while Carlos turns his head to quietly stare at Mal, who is patiently leaning against the door frame.  

' I wonder what Mal wants with Eddie?' Carlos curiously asked himself. 

Carlos' eyes widened when he sees Eddie approaching Mal with Ben standing next to him. What surprised Carlos is seeing Eddie wearing a white shirt underneath a long-sleeve black leather jacket, ripped blue jeans, and sneakers. Carlos also noticed that Eddie's dark brown hair got combed rather nicely.