Ch. 14 We will save you a spot!

Diaval and Eddie safely made it back to the dorms from the museum of Auradon. Diaval gracefully lands on the ground as he carefully lets go of the younger male. The wings on Diaval's back disappear as the older male stands up straight, and he turns his head slightly to look at Eddie.

Diaval quietly glanced at Eddie as he stares at the younger male from head to toe because he wanted to make sure that Eddie doesn't have any critical injuries. 

" Are you alright?" Diaval softly asked Eddie. 

" I'm okay," Eddie smiles at Diaval. 

" Good," Diaval nods his head as he escorts the young prince into the dorms. 

Inside the dorms, Eddie lightly bites his lips because he remembers that Merryweather is the dorms' director. Eddie blinks when he feels a hand gently ruffling his blonde hair. Eddie turns his head to the right, and he sees Diaval warmly smiling at him. 

" Don't worry, Edward if Merryweather asked where were you. I will tell her that you and I were sword training," Diaval tells Eddie. 

Eddie smiles back at Diaval since the two men have been sword training since Eddie was ten-years-old. When Eddie was ten, King Phillip asked Diaval to train him in sword fighting since there would come a time when Eddie needs to protect himself from his enemies. 

Eddie and Diaval quietly walked the hallway to Eddie's room, which he shares with Ben. The two men stopped walking when they hear a female voice calling out Eddie's name. Eddie and Diaval turned around to see Merryweather walking up to them. 

" Crown Prince Edward. What are you doing awake? It's past your bedtime," Merryweather tells Eddie. 

" Merryweather. Edward and I were sword training. I'm sorry for keeping the Crown Prince up at night," Diaval apologizes. 

Merryweather turns her gaze to look at Diaval as she nods her head. Merryweather then turns to look at Eddie as her expression softens. 

" That's good that the Crown Prince is training since he is going to be King of Auroria soon," Merryweather tells the two men. 

" Alright," Merryweather nods her head. 

" Your Highness," Merryweather looks at Eddie. " You should get to bed now since you have school in the morning," Merryweather tells Eddie. 

" Will do," Eddie smiles at the female fairy and the male raven-shapeshifter. " Goodnight you two," Eddie waves goodbye to Merryweather and Diaval as he quickly yet quietly enter his bedroom. 

Once the door closes, Merryweather turns to look at Diaval. 

" Diaval. Next time, let me know when you are taking the Crown Prince out of the dorms. I do not want anything terrible to happen to him. Queen Aurora would have been devastated if something happened to the young Prince," Merryweather tells Diaval.  

" Of course," Diaval nods his head as the two adults walked away. 

What they didn't is that Mal and her friends accidentally listened to their conversation since Eddie's bedroom is next to Carlos' room. 

Inside Carlos' room, Evie turns to look at Mal, and she wears a worried expression when she sees Mal quietly staring at the closed door. 

" Mal. Wasn't Diaval the name of your mother's familiar?" Evie softly asked Mal. 

" Yeah," Mal whispers. 

Mal couldn't believe that Diaval is alive and not only that he betrayed her mother and went to serve her mother's enemy.