Ch. 16 This sandwich is for you

Cold emerald green eyes stared into stern onyx-black eyes. 

" Maleficent the second," Diaval calmly greets Mal. 

Mal's eyes narrowed when she hears Diaval calling her "Maleficent the second." 

" My name is Mal. Maleficent is my mother, Diaval," Mal coldly tells Diaval. 

" Oh. I am aware. I find it amusing that your so-called mother named you after herself," Diaval tells Mal. 

Mal tentatively stares at Diaval. 

" Speak ill of my mother, and I will forever have you in your annoying bird form," Mal lividly snaps. 

" I see. You have your mother's temper," Diaval softly tells Mal. 

Mal's emerald green eyes furiously glowed since she is still upset that Diaval betrayed her mother to serve her mother's enemy. 

" Why?" Mal asked Diaval. 

Diaval raised an eyebrow. 

" Why did you betray my mother?!" Mal angrily asked Diaval as she walks up to him. 

" I did not betray your mother," Diaval calmly tells Mal. 

Mal stops walking, and she lifts her head a little to look at Diaval since the raven-shapeshifter is taller than her. 

" I can't believe you would serve that woman and her family," Mal whispers. 

Diaval's eyes narrowed. 

" Do not speak that way about Queen Aurora, young lady," Diaval sternly tells Mal. 

Mal opens her mouth to say something, but she gets cut off by Diaval. 

" You do not know your mother as I do," Diaval tells Mal, which causes her to stare at him in disbelief. 

Diaval looks past Mal to stare at the spot where Eddie once stood. Eddie's worried expression reminded Diaval of a young Aurora, who was looking at Maleficent with fear and horror in her eyes when the evil fairy killed King Phillip's mother, Queen Ingrith right in front of her. 

" Your mother, Queen Aurora, and I used to be a family," Diaval tells Mal. 

Mal froze when she hears that her mother used to have a family-like relationship with Queen Aurora. Mal can't help but feel curious about her mother's past since Maleficent doesn't talk much about where she came from and how she became the most dangerous villain of all of Auradon and the Isle. 

Diaval hummed when he sees that Mal quickly becomes curious about her mother's past. 

" I know you are curious about your mother's past," Diaval tells Mal. 

" No, I'm not," Mal mumbles as she tries her best not to look interested.  

" You are welcome to meet with me once school ends," Diaval turns his back on Mal.

Mal quietly stares at Diaval's back.   

" Where?" Mal softly asked Diaval. 

Diaval turns his head back to look at Mal.

" At the Enchanted Forest," Diaval tells Mal as he transforms into a raven, and he flies away. 

Mal quietly watched Diaval fly away as she wears a thoughtful expression because she is truly curious about her mother's past. 

" Mal!" A female voice calls out to Mal. 

Mal turns to the left, and she smiles when she sees Evie and her friends walking out of the dorms.