Ch. 9 This stuff is amazing!

Carlos continues to stare at Eddie with a worried expression. Carlos gently touched Eddie's back with his left hand. Eddie blinks when he feels his back getting touched. Eddie turns his head to the right to see Carlos looking at him with a concerned expression. 

" What's wrong?" Eddie worriedly asked Carlos. 

" I-I'm alright. I um wanted to check up on you. You look sad not that while ago," Carlos tells Eddie. 

Eddie's dark brown eyes stared into Carlos' dark brown eyes. Eddie's expression softened when he sees the worriedness in Carlos' eyes. 

' Even though Carlos is the son of Cruella De Vil. He seems like a sweet kid,' Eddie tells himself. ' I remember learning about his mother's history,' Eddie sadly stared at Carlos. ' The kid's mother is known to be heartless. I am surprised to see that her son has a heart,' Eddie softly smiles at Carlos. 

" I'm okay. I am dealing with some family drama at the moment," Eddie tells Carlos. 

Carlos nods his head in understanding. 

' I know how it's like; I have been in constant drama with my Mom since the day I was born. I'm honestly glad that I got chosen to live in Auradon,' Carlos tells himself while looking at Eddie in the eyes. 

" Eddie," Carlos softly calls out to Eddie. 

" Yeah?" Eddie blinks. 

" I-If you want someone to talk too. I-I am all ears," Carlos stutters. 

Eddie smiles at Carlos. 

" Thanks," Eddie begins to ruffle Carlos' hair while thinking that the young boy has soft fluffy hair that reminds him of a dog's fur. 

' It's so soft,' Eddie tells himself. 

Carlos didn't know why, but feeling Eddie's hand on his hair made him feel strange, but in the right way. Carlos looks at Eddie, and he smiles when he sees that the taller male has a sparkle in his eye. 

' Even though I don't like when people ruffle my hair. Eddie seems happy doing it. Well, as long as Eddie is smiling, I don't mind him touching my hair,' Carlos tells himself. ' It feels nice anyway,' Carlos closed his eyes as he smiles, feeling content by the sudden affection he is getting from Eddie. 

Mal, Evie, and Jay curiously stared at their friend and Eddie. 

" Doesn't Carlos look adorable. His actions towards Eddie reminds me of a little puppy," Evie giggles while smiling at her dear friend. 

Jay raised an eyebrow since he could picture Carlos having a dog's tail that is wagging whenever Eddie gives him attention. 

Mal looks at Carlos with a worried expression. 

" Even though Eddie seems like a nice guy, I don't want Carlos to get hurt. Remember, we came to Auradon to get something important for my Mom," Mal whispers to Evie and Jay. 

Evie frowns while Jay nods his head. 

Once Eddie's friends and the VKs got their lunch, the group followed Eddie to the bleachers. Everyone sat in a circle formation with Eddie sitting between Carlos and Raymond. Eddie and his friends begin to eat their food while Carlos and his friends carefully eyed it. Raymond raised an eyebrow at their expression. 

" What's wrong? You don't like the food?" Raymond curiously asked the VKs. 

" It's not that. We um don't have hamburgers for lunch at the Isle," Jay tells Raymond. 

Raymond's eyes widened in surprise when he hears that the VKs don't eat hamburgers at the Isle. 

" What do you guys usually eat?" Raymond asked Jay. 

Jay turns to look at his friends. 

" Mostly leftover garbage that comes from Auradon," Mal merely tells Raymond and the others. 

Eddie and his friends looked at each other with a shocked expression. The four teens couldn't believe that the VKs eat Auradon's waste at the Isle. Eddie glanced at Carlos, and he frowns when he sees the young boy sniffing the hamburger. 

" Hey," Eddie calls out to Carlos, which causes the young boy to look at him. " The hamburger is delicious. I promise you that," Eddie tells Carlos. 

Carlos turns his head back to stare at the hamburger in his hands. 

' Eddie says this food is delicious so it must be good,' Carlos tells himself as he takes a bite of the hamburger. 

Eddie curiously stared at Carlos. 

Carlos' eyes widened after he took a bite of the hamburger. Carlos turns to look at his friends, and he smiles at them. 

" Mal! Evie! Jay! This stuff is amazing!" Carlos happily tells his friends. 

Mal, Evie, and Jay carefully took a bite of their hamburgers. 

The three teens' eyes widened after they took a bite of their burger. They couldn't believe that they are eating something delicious. They internally frowned because they wished that the Isle have something like hamburgers to eat instead of scraps. 

Eddie smiles, feeling glad to hear that Carlos and his friends enjoy their hamburgers. Eddie turns his head to look at his friends, and he continues to smile when he sees that Raymond, Elena, and Lonnie are looking at them with sympathy. Eddie is thrilled to see that his friends are accepting the VKs in their lives.