Ch. 19 Don't worry. From now on, I am always going to be there for you

Eddie begins to slow down when he reached the benches. The young teen walks up the stairs to Carlos, who is smiling at him. The heir of the Kingdom of Auroria sat down next to Carlos as he held the plate of food to him. 

" Sorry for making you wait. Hope you like the food that I brought you," Eddie smiles at Carlos. 

Carlos continues to smile at Eddie, feeling happy to see him. The young teen gently placed his hands on top of Eddie's, which causes the two boys to look at each other in the eyes. 

" N-No worries!" Carlos stuttered while a blush appeared on his cheeks. 

" I wasn't waiting for long. I-I immediately forgot to get lunch once I got out of class since I was worried that if I didn't come here, you would have thought that I forgot," Carlos shyly looks away from Eddie. 

Eddie quietly looks down at their hands as he softly smiled because he finds Carlos rather adorable. 

Carlos begins to panic when he doesn't hear Eddie speak. The young teen can't help but think that the handsome Prince hates him. 

" B-But, I'm glad you brought me food!" Carlos says to Eddie as he turns his head to look at him. 

" It's okay, Carlos. I'm not going to get mad at you," Eddie sweetly smiles at Carlos. 

Carlos's heart skipped a beat, feeling relax when he hears that Eddie isn't mad at him. 

" That's good. My mom would have put me in the closet if I forgot to make her food," Carlos closed his eyes as he mumbled, not realizing that he said something personal to Eddie. 

Eddie froze when he hears that Carlos' Mother, Cruella De Vil puts Carlos into a closet whenever she gets mad at him. The young Prince gently placed Carlos's food down, which the young teen felt. 

" What?" Eddie asked as he tries his best not to sound angry since he doesn't want to scare Carlos. 

" Hm?" Carlos opened his eyes to look at Eddie, and he froze when he sees the handsome Prince staring at him with a dangerous gaze. 

" E-Eddie?" Carlos worriedly calls out Eddie's name. 

" Why does your mother treat you so coldly?" Eddie sternly yet worriedly asked Carlos. 

Carlos's eyes widened in surprise when he hears what Eddie is asking him. 

" W-What are you talking about?" Carlos nervously laughs. " M-My mom doesn't treat me coldly," The young teen faked a smile, which causes Eddie to frown. 

" You said that your mom would put you in a closet if you forgot to make her food," Eddie softly tells Carlos. 

Carlos nervously stared at Eddie when he realized that he accidentally said something about his past to him. A tear fell from the young boy's eyes, feeling scared that Eddie doesn't want to be his friend now that he knows how his mother treats him.

" I-I," Carlos opened and closed his mouth, feeling as though he can't breathe anymore. 

" Carlos?" Eddie worriedly called out Carlos's name when he sees a tear fall from the young teen's eyes. 

Carlos begins to have a panic attack as he can't help but hear Eddie's voice in his head, telling him that he is a "big baby" and a "wimp" for letting Cruella De Vil boss him around. The young teen immediately placed his hand on his chest, feeling scared since his heart is beating rather fast. 

Eddie begins to stare at Carlos with a worried expression when he sees the young teen putting a hand on his chest. 

" Carlos! What's wrong?" Eddie worriedly asked Carlos as he gently placed his right hand on the young teen's left shoulder. 

Carlos tensed up when he felt Eddie's hand on his shoulder as he turns his gaze at him. Tears started to fall out of the young boy's eyes. 

" I-I am s-sorry," Carlos whimpered, feeling ashamed of himself that he accidentally told Eddie, what his mom does to him. 

Eddie's expression saddens as he hugs Carlos close to him. 

" You don't have to tell me the details right now," Eddie softly tells Carlos. 

Carlos closed his eyes as he lays his head against Eddie's chest. 

" And whatever happened to you at the Isle is not your fault," Eddie honestly tells Carlos. 

Carlos didn't know what to say to Eddie as he closed his eyes, letting himself melt into the handsome Prince's embrace. 

Eddie sat there with Carlos in his arms, not caring if their food is going to get cold or if he gets in trouble by a teacher for being late because what's important to him at the moment is that the young teen needs him. 

Carlos begins to relax when he hears Eddie's heartbeat since the young teen finds the sound rather soothing. The black-and-white haired teen's hand gently grasped the handsome Prince's shirt as he falls asleep since all the crying had worn him out. 

Eddie blinks when he hears a snoring sound, and he looks down to see that Carlos has fallen asleep in his embrace. The young Prince softly smiled when he sees that the young boy has a tight grip on his shirt. 

That's good. My mom would have put me in the closet if I forgot to make her food. 

Eddie's eyes narrowed, feeling angry that someone so close to Carlos could treat him terribly. The young Prince tightens his hold onto the young teen, feeling sad that he wasn't there to protect him. 

" Carlos," Eddie whispers Carlos's name.

" Don't worry. From now on, I am always going to be there for you," Eddie softly tells Carlos as he glanced at their food, which is probably cold by now. 

' I'll reheat the food at the dorms,' Eddie tells himself. 

From a distance, Evie quietly watched Eddie and Carlos interact with one another. The dark blue-haired teen expression softens when she sees Eddie hugging Carlos close to him. The young teen walks up to the bleachers. 

" Eddie," Evie politely calls out Eddie's name. 

Eddie blinks when he hears his name, and he turns his head back to see Evie. The young Prince begins to panic, thinking that Evie saw Carlos crying and probably feels that he made the young teen cry. 

" E-Evie!" Eddie worriedly calls out Evie's name. 

" It's okay, Eddie," Evie kindly smiles at Eddie. 

" I am here to walk with you to the dorms," Evie politely tells Eddie as she worriedly glanced at Carlos, who is sleeping in the young Prince's embrace. " Carlos needs his beauty sleep," The dark blue-haired teen walks up to Eddie as she gently placed her hand on the young teen's black-and-white curly hair.