Ch. 17 I want you to be there for your sister

Eddie quietly walked on the hallway to his first-period classroom. Eddie looks straight, and he stops walking when he sees Ben and Audrey talking to each other. 

Eddie immediately steps to the side as he hides behind a row of lockers. Eddie's eyes narrowed as he wears a concentrated expression since he is trying to figure out what Audrey and Ben are saying to each other. 

Eddie blinks when he sees Audrey looking down at her feet. 

" Audrey," Eddie whispers. 

Eddie lightly bites his lips as he wears a guilty expression. Eddie worriedly stares at Audrey because the young teen remembered that he and Ben talk to each other about Ben wanting to break up with Audrey so that he could pursue Mal. 

Audrey looks down at her feet as she tries her best not to cry. Audrey lifts her head to look at Ben as she gives him a fake smile. 

" I don't know what you see in her, but if you have f-feelings for her then I'm happy for you," Audrey bitterly tells Ben. 

Ben smiles at Audrey, feeling glad to hear that she is okay with him liking Mal. 

" I'm glad that we could still be friends," Ben tells Audrey. 

Audrey continues to fake a smile. 

" Yeah. Me too," Audrey tells Ben. 

" Have a good day. I'll see you later," Ben waves goodbye as he turns around, and he walks away from Audrey to his first-period classroom. 

Audrey quietly stares at Ben's back as she wonders what is wrong with her that Ben doesn't love her anymore. Audrey hears footsteps coming from behind her, which causes her to wipe her tears away with her right arm. 

" Audrey," Eddie softly calls out to Audrey. 

Audrey turns around, and she internally sighed in relief when she sees that her big brother is the one that is seeing her looking like this. Audrey walks up to Eddie as she attacks her older brother with a hug. 

" E-Eddie. Am I ugly?" Audrey sadly asked Eddie. 

Eddie looks down at Audrey as he hugs his younger sister close to him. 

" No. You are not ugly. Why would you say that?" Eddie softly asked Audrey. 

" I-It's because B-Bennyboo broke up with me," Audrey tells Eddie while tears fell from Audrey's eyes. 

Eddie lifts his head a little as he stares at the empty hallway with a sadden expression. Eddie can't help but think that it's his fault that Audrey is in pain. Eddie hugs Audrey close to him as he begins to remember his conversation with his father. 

" Edward. I know you are best friends with Benjamin, but Audrey is still your sister," King Phillip tells Eddie in the Honeymoon Cottage's library. " In case something happens between Benjamin and Audrey, I want you to be there for your sister," King Phillip tells Eddie as he turns his gaze to look at him.  

Eddie nods his head at King Phillip. 

In the present, Eddie looks down at Audrey as he gently kissed the top of her head.  

" I'm sorry, Audrey," Eddie whispers. " Do you want me to talk to him for you?" Eddie softly asked Audrey. 

Audrey shakes her head. 

" No. Like Mom says, I need to move on," Audrey sadly tells Eddie. " It just something doesn't feel right," Audrey lifts her head to look at Eddie. " Do you perhaps think that girl put a dark spell on him?" Audrey worriedly asked Eddie. 

Eddie quietly stared at Audrey since he isn't sure what to say to her. Eddie is aware that Mal can use magic, but something in his heart is telling him that Mal isn't the type to put a spell on someone to make them fall in love with her. 

" I doubt it, Audrey. You know magic isn't allowed in Auradon, remember," Eddie tells Audrey. 

Audrey sadly sighed. 

" You are right," Audrey nods her head. 

" We should get going. You know how Flora is like whenever her students are getting late to her class," Eddie tells Audrey. 

" Yeah," Audrey giggles when she remembers Flora throwing an eraser at Chad one time since he came to class late.   

Eddie softly smiles at Audrey, feeling happy to hear his sister giggling. Eddie gently puts his hand on Audrey's back as he and his younger sister begin to walk towards their first-period classroom.