Ch. 11 Do you want to be my right-hand man?

Outside of the dorms, Eddie and Ben walked towards a limo. The chauffeur opens the door, and the two boys got inside. Eddie and Ben sat across from each other as they made themselves comfortable while the driver closed the door. Eddie was about to ask Ben how his day has been when he remembers Mal telling him and the others that the VKs eat Auradon's waste for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Eddie continues to look at Ben as he begins to wonder if his best friend knows about the situation that the Isle is going through. 

" Hey, Benny," Eddie calls out to Ben. 

" Yeah?" Ben looks at Eddie. 

" Since you are going to be King of Auradon soon. Do you know the situation that the Isle is in?" Eddie curiously asked Ben. 

" No? What's wrong with the Isle?" Ben worriedly asked Eddie. 

" Well. For starters, Mal told me and the others that she and her friends eat Auradon's waste for breakfast, lunch, and dinner," Eddie tells Ben. 

Ben tensed up when he hears Mal's name coming out of Eddie's mouth. Ben then frowns when he hears that Mal and her friends eat their city's trash. 

" W-What?" Ben stuttered since he couldn't believe that the VKs has been eating trash for most of their lives while he and Eddie eat delicious food coming from their kitchens. 

" Yeah. The others and I were speechless when Mal told us that," Eddie frowns. 

' Even though Mal, Evie, and Jay look healthy. I have been noticing that Carlos looks the frailest out of all of them,' Eddie worriedly tells himself. 

" I can't believe it," Ben sadly tells Eddie. " I honestly thought that the Isle would have good food on their plates," Ben looks at Eddie in the eyes. 

" It's okay, Ben. You didn't know," Eddie leans towards Ben as he pats Ben's shoulder with his hand. " Now that you know. When you become King of Auradon, you could change the way the people of the Isle are eating by giving them good food," Eddie smiles at Ben. 

Ben quietly stared at Eddie. 

' Eddie has a kind heart. I can tell that he is going to be an amazing King for the Kingdom of Auroria. Not only that, his wisdom could come in handy for the Kingdom of Auradon,' Ben tells himself. 

" Hey, Eddie," Ben calls out to Eddie. 

" Yeah?" Eddie pulls his hand away from Ben's shoulders. 

" Since I am going to be King of Auradon soon. I was wondering, do you want to be my right-hand man?" Ben asked Eddie. " You know the Prime Minister of Auradon," Ben smiles at Eddie. 

Eddie's eyes widened as he stares at his childhood best friend in disbelief. 

" M-Me?" Eddie points to himself. 

Ben nods his head. 

" You want me to be your right-hand man?" Eddie curiously asked Ben. 

" Yes! The way you spoke about wanting to help the people of the Isle made me realize that you would be perfect for overseeing the Isle with me," Ben tells Eddie. 

Eddie begins to laugh since he is feeling nervous. 

" I-I'm not sure if I'm cut out to be a Prime Minister of such a massive Kingdom like Auradon, Ben," Eddie whispers. " I'm just a boy who likes to play music, go on dates with a cute boy or girl, and play pranks on Chad," Eddie tells Ben. 

Ben gently placed his hand on Eddie's shoulder. 

" I know it's scary, but you are not going to be alone. I'm going to be with you one step at a time," Ben tells Eddie while smiling at him.