Ch. 18 He is an angel!

A few hours later, the school bell rings to let students know that the fourth period has ended and that it is now lunchtime. Eddie smiles when he hears his teacher telling everyone that they can now head to the cafeteria to eat lunch. Eddie stands up to stretch as he sighs in relief when he hears his bone popping. 

" Finally! I can now eat," Eddie happily tells himself. 

Raymond turns to look at Eddie, and he smiles at him.

" Of course you are happy," Raymond tells Eddie. " Your stomach has been growling nonstop," Raymond teases Eddie. 

Eddie playfully glares at Raymond. 

" My stomach wasn't growling," Eddie tells Raymond. " Speaking of lunch, I promise Carlos that I'll meet up with him at the Tourney Field," Eddie grabs his backpack. " I'll see you guys later!" Eddie shouts as he runs out of the classroom. 

Raymond amusedly watched Eddie run out of the classroom. Raymond can't help but think that his best friend has a crush on Carlos. Raymond chuckled when he remembered Carlos daydreaming about Eddie and being a nervous mess around him. 

" This school year is going to be interesting," Raymond whispers. 

At the hallways, Eddie ran towards the cafeteria so that he could get something to eat. Eddie enters the cafeteria as he lightly bites his lips when he sees Ben waiting in line to get his lunch. Seeing Ben reminded Eddie of Audrey, who was crying by herself in the hallway before she hugged him.

' Ugh!' Eddie internally groans. 

' This breakup is going to be awkward for me because Ben is my best friend while Audrey is my sister,' Eddie tells himself. 

Eddie blinks when he sees Ben turning to look at him, and his best friend started to wave at him. 

' Alright. Just act casual and get your lunch because you need to meet up with Carlos at the Tourney Field,' Eddie tells himself. 

Eddie walks towards the line, and he stands behind Ben. Eddie politely greets Ben with a hug as he smiled at him. 

" Hey, Ben," Eddie gently pats Ben's back. " How's your day been so far?" Eddie curiously asked his best friend. 

" So far it has been good," Ben tells Eddie. " I spoke with your sister earlier, and we agreed that it would be for the best to stay friends," Ben looks at Eddie in the eyes. 

" Oh," Eddie akwardly stares at Ben. 

" I am honestly surprised that Audrey took it well," Ben tells Eddie. 

Eddie continues to akwardly stare at Ben. 

' I am surprised as well since Audrey loved you since we were kids,' Eddie internally tells himself. ' I mean, I know I told you to break up with Audrey since you started to have feelings for Mal. It just I didn't want you to play with Audrey's feelings if you weren't sure who you like,' Eddie whispers. 

" Well. Mom has always told us if we get our feelings hurt by someone we thought loved us; we just need to move on," Eddie merely tells Ben. 

Ben nods his head. 

The two teens soon reached the buffet, and they started to fill their plates up with food. Ben turns his head to the right, and he blinks when he sees Eddie holding two plates that got filled with food. 

" I didn't know you were that hungry?" Ben asked Eddie. 

Eddie turns his gaze to look at Ben. 

" What?" Eddie looks at Ben with a confused expression. 

" You have two plates of food on your tray," Ben tells Eddie while pointing at Eddie's lunch. 

" Oh! I'm not going to eat all of it. One is mine while the other one is Carlos," Eddie tells Ben. 

Ben smiles at Eddie, feeling happy to see that his best friend is friends with a VK. 

" I see. So, you are going to eat lunch with Carlos, I presume?" Ben asked Eddie. 

" Yeah," Eddie nods his head. " I promised Carlos that I meet up with him at the Tourney Field. So, I had a feeling that he's at the bench waiting for me with nothing to eat. I feel terrible for the little guy, so I decided that I am going to bring him something to eat," Eddie smiles at Ben. 

" That's nice of you," Ben smiles back at Eddie. " Also, that reminds me, you should invite Carlos and his friend, Jay to the Tourney Try-Outs. We are now accepting new members since Seniors from last year already left, so our team is in need of new players. Our first game against Imperial Academy is coming up," Ben tells Eddie. 

" Isn't Imperial Academy the school where Lonnie's Dad works?" Eddie curiously asked Ben. 

" Yes. Lonnie says that their Tourney Team is strong and fast since their coach is no other than her father, Li Shang," Ben tells Eddie. 

" Knowing Coach Phil, he is not going to feel intimated by Li Shang. And besides, we have Herkie on our team," Eddie smiles at Ben. 

" Yeah," Ben nods his head as the two boys walked out of the buffet while holding the silver trays with their hands. 

" Well. I should get going. I don't want Carlos to think that I abandoned him," Eddie waves goodbye to Ben as he walks out of the cafeteria and towards the Tourney Field. 

At the Tourney field, Carlos is patiently waiting for Eddie. Carlos' stomach started to growl, which made him uncomfortable. Carlos regrets not getting his food first, but he didn't want Eddie to think that he forgot about their lunch date. Carlos blinks when he hears his name. Carlos turns his head to the left, and he smiles when he sees Eddie running towards him. What took Carlos by surprise is seeing Eddie holding a tray with two plates of food on top of it. 

' He is an angel!' Carlos internally cries out, feeling happy to have Eddie in his life.