2| Lust at First Sight

Nora

"I am never drinking again." I groaned and buried my face in the pillow. My phone rang, making me groan louder.

"Shut the fuck up, bitch!" Lydia muttered. A second later I understood she'd said it to my phone, and not me. "Ugh stupid idiot. I will slam you against the wall."

"Please don't." It stopped ringing for a minute, after which it's annoying ringtone reached my ears again.

"Fucking do something, Nora!"

I blindly reached for it, not opening my eyes for even a peak. "Hah!" I exclaimed when I found it and pressed it against my ear. "Nora Kinsley."

 "Where are you, Miss K?" I heard a sarcastic voice from the other end.

"It's a Sunday, Jack." I groaned.

"Did I not tell you Charlie wanted to see you?"

"Fuck." I shot up from the bed, my eyes blinded by the sharp lights in the room. I cursed Lydia for having such a bright room. "Fuck!"

I imagined him shaking his head. "How long?"

"Give me twenty minutes."

"Twenty minutes, Nora." He said and hung up.

"Fuck!" I shouted again. "Lyds, I need to borrow your clothes, okay?"

"Give them back to me." She groaned and rolled over. "Please don't wear the red blouse."

"You know that's exactly what I'm going to wear." I said. "It's the best you own. And I'm meeting my boss. I need to look good."

"You may look good but you're gonna smell so bad." 

That made me freeze. "Shit." I stripped down and rushed over to the bathroom. "Scream if I take more than five minutes." I told her.

I heard her screaming after what seemed like ten seconds, but I knew she wouldn't be ringing a false alarm so I made my way outside with great difficulty. Lydia was up by then, her face looking like a raccoon, but I didn't comment. I got dressed as fast as I could and then left the room.

"Cameron, I swear you're my guardian angel." I murmured when he handed me a steaming cup of coffee. 

He chuckled. "I thought you'd need it."

I grabbed Lydia's car keys from the bottom shelf, blew both of them a kiss and hurried outside.

"Score it, babe!" I heard her shout, making me smile.

Five and a half minutes later I was flying into the parking lot of my office building. I adjusted my skirt one last time before locking the car and making my way upstairs. 

"Good morning, Miss Kinsley. Mr Dixon and Mr Miller are waiting for you at the loft."

"Thanks, Steven. And, it's Nora. Miss Kinsley makes me sound old." I replied to the doorman and gave him an appreciative smile. He smiled back and nodded.

I tapped my foot as the elevator took me upstairs. It wasn't like this was the first time I was meeting my boss, but I was nervous because Jack had told me this was important. And he wouldn't have said that if it wasn't a big deal.

He was standing just outside the elevator when the doors opened. He looked relieved to see me. "Jesus, Nora. What the heck happened?"

"I-uh-"

"Forget it. Listen to me, I want you have this deal, okay? It's a big one. If not you, it'll go to Grant Iring."

"Iring? Fuck that bastard. I'm scoring this one, Jack. I promise you." I grunted out.