17| Promise

Nora

"I honestly don't understand." 

Lydia sighed dramatically. "We had sex, alright?"

"Couldn't you have just said that?" I exclaimed. "What the fuck is blossoming my flower?"

Cameron chuckled. "She read that in a book somewhere. She literally asked me to unfurl her petals. Can you believe that?" 

I fell down on the couch, holding my stomach and, teasing her. "What is wrong with you, Lydia? Is that how you talk dirty in bed?" 

"You were supposed to keep that a secret." She hissed at him, and narrowed her eyes at me. 

"I still don't understand why you ghosted her." I looked at Cameron.

He looked down and blushed, rubbing the back of his neck. "I was...scared? She said no to me the first time. And that night she'd been so open but I was still afraid she'd think it wasn't the right time and I was losing my goddamn mind."

Lydia winced. "That was a poor excuse. I honestly don't even remember why I said no. I'm sorry."

Cameron shook his head at her, bringing up their joined hands and kissing the back of her palm. I almost swooned. "So you're getting married." I murmured. 

"We are." They said in unison, looking at each other, their smiles identical, so goofy and excited, so infectious that I couldn't help but smiling as well.

"Did you decide the date?"

"We-uh, don't want to wait much-"

"Two weeks." Cameron finished.

I raised an eyebrow. "There's no way your parents would agree to that. Two weeks isn't enough for them to plan everything."

"We don't want a huge wedding." Lydia replied. "Just friends and family."

"Did you talk to them?" I asked.

"They know he was proposing last night. But, we haven't yet talked to them about the date."

"Good luck with that." I snorted. "Anyway, I promise I'm gonna throw you the best bachelorette party ever."

Her smile widened, while Cameron mumbled under his breath. "Anything but strippers, Nora."

I smiled at him, "We'll see, Cammy. Now, on a serious note, do not ever ghost us like that. I was going to murder you because I thought you'd broken her heart." I violently motioned towards Lydia.

Cameron looked down, rubbing the back of his neck. "I- yeah. I don't know. I was pushing back the proposal because I felt she'd feel it was too soon and it was taking a toll on me. And then I panicked. I don't know how to explain it."

"Whatever it was, don't do it again." I stated. My phone rang and I jumped forward to grab it, but Lydia beat me to it. She was just about to hand it to me when her eyes swept over the caller id, and they widened excitedly. She pushed the phone in my hand.

I chuckled, pressing it to my ear. "Nicolas."

"Nora." His delicious voice was enough to make me squeeze my thighs together.

"Hi. Did you land safely?"

"I did. I jacked off in the plane thinking about you."

I coughed and stuttered, "I-wha-oh." I looked at the two people sitting in my living room, and thought it was better to this conversation with my visibly horny boyfriend alone. So I got up and walked into my bedroom. "Weren't people there with you?"