#2| Lyds & Cammy

I can't believe we hit 1M!

There aren't words to tell you how grateful I am right now. I'd write a better note when my words don't fail me. Until then, this one's to thank you in the best way I know- writing. And for everyone who flooded my PMs asking me to write about Cameron and Lydia, and even those you didn't, thank you! You're the best people ever.

(This chapter is set before they got married)

Cameron

I walked into detention with my bag hanging over a shoulder, glancing at the teacher when he handed me a sheet of paper and pointed to an empty chair. I dumped my bag and sat down, yawning.

There was a poke on my arm. "What did you do?"

I replied without turning back, "I slept in chemistry. What did you do?"

"I slapped a dude and threw my lunch on him."

My head whipped back to look at the person. She was grinning ear to ear, pride shining in her eyes. I felt my mouth part. She was beautiful.

She shrugged, confusing my awe with disbelief. "What? He was being annoying."

I was fascinated. "What did he do?"

"He called me a bitch because I refused to go out with him." She replied with a huff. "Idiot. I'm Lydia by the way."

I couldn't recognize my own voice when I said, "Cameron."

"An iced white chocolate mocha for Cameron!"

This was my fifth coffee of the day. The fact that I didn't feel an ounce of guilt almost scared me. I thanked the barista and made my way out. A sigh left my lips on its own when my phone rang in my pocket. I had given up on answering calls.

I didn't start the car for a while. My thoughts were too scattered for me to grasp anything that made sense. My fingers took out the phone on their own, and I gulped harshly when the voicemail reached my ears.

"Cameron, please come home. Please. What did I do? I don't understand why you just left like that. Can you come home so that we can talk? Please? I just want to talk. I won't even ask questions just please- let me see you once. Tell me you're okay. I miss you."

I had listened to the same voice note more than I could count on my fingers. She sounded so distraught it almost killed me and made me turn back around. But I couldn't. I was physically incapable of going back there and looking at her and pretend to be alright. I was not okay.

"I love you."

"And I love you too. But I think it's too early." She bent down on her knees till she was sitting in front of me, cupping my face, her expression gentle. "I'm sorry, Cam. I am-"

"We've been talking about marriage for the past two weeks." I whispered. "We have been dating for five years, Lydia. I need more."

"I understand that. But we're happy now, aren't we? What's the rush?" She asked. When I didn't respond, she sighed softly, pulling my face closer. I shut my eyes tightly, only so she didn't see the vulnerability in mine. "I'm sorry."

"Why would you-" I struggled for words, but I had a feeling I was also struggling to keep my breathing in check. I felt my heart being ripped into pieces by the woman I'd voluntarily given it to, and it hurt. "Why-"

"I want to marry you." She said urgently, but none of her words made sense at the moment. "You are the only one I want to spend the rest of my life with. But I just need time."