Oblivious

Grinning over at Ara, Niall sipped his hot chocolate.

"I still don't know if I should intrude..." Ara sighed as she pulled into her neighborhood. 

"Ara," Niall said impatiently.  "I told you, it will be fine.  The Hanas love you and Melina's Mum loves me," he grinned.

"Okay, okay," She bit her lower lip gently.  "Anyway, I wonder what Melina and Louis..." She trailed off as she looked ahead, pulling into the driveway only to see the garage open and what looked like Melina  trying to use a handsaw.  She barely parked when Niall's door flew open. 

"Melina?" Niall asked, a silly smile on his lips as he eyed the handsaw. 

Melina looked up, her auburn hair falling in front of her face.  Louis though moved it out of her way, tucking some of the strands behind her ear and out of the way of the handsaw she was using to cut their handcuffs. 

"What happened?" Ara immediately asked as she too came to join. 

Instead of answering, Melina just looked up at Louis with an annoyed look, but the brunette just shrugged, a grin on his lips. 

Niall burst into laughter at the two.  Ara pursed her lips to not laugh but slowly her lips inched to a small smile before she too joined Niall's contagious laughter. 

"Ara help me with this, this one," Melina pointed to Louis.  "Is a bit useless.  He keeps cringing and distracting me.  Not to mention keeps smugly grinning." She glared up at Louis who was indeed still grinning. 

"She said she loves me," Louis stated matter of factly.

On cue, Melina blushed bright red as she huffed at him. 

Niall gave a small laugh, but then grinned and high fived his best mate. 

Ara actually clapped in delight, a smile on her lips.  "That's, that's holy fire trucks, so exciting!"

"Yep, we can now double date." Louis quipped. 

Ara's caramel brown eyes widened before she slightly stuttered.  Double date? "But Nate and I, we, we're not as,"

"Nate?" Melina asked as she looked up.  "Who's Nate?"

Meanwhile Louis was confused because he had been talking about Eva and Kent.  The both of them were looking at Ara so they missed Niall's unconscious frown at hearing Ara's boyfriend's name leave her lips.  He had honestly forgotten all about Peach Boy while he had spent the past few hours with Ara.  The reminder didn't settle well, but he could only assume it was because he was used to having Ara all to himself when he did see her. 

"We can do double dates too," Louis shrugged. 

"Wait," Ara said. "You weren't talking about me and Nate were you?" She asked weakly, about to die of mortification as she realized Louis' words hadn't been pointed at her. 

"Well I was talking about Eva and Kent, but I think it'd be fun to meet Peach Boy."

"Wait, Nate, I remember now!" Melina exclaimed at Louis' sentence, having clicked two and two together from her time in New York.

Ara's face was now full blown red, her blush spreading across both cheeks.  Couldn't the ground please just open up and swallow her whole now? Her stupid assuming mind and mouth!

~~~

"Ara!" Mrs. Hanas said as soon as she spotted her.  "Look at you.  So pretty and grown up." She sighed as she fluffed Ara's shoulder length raven colored hair. "I feel so old,"

"We are old," Mr. Hanas said coming up to his wife to briefly hug the girl that he'd known since she was a child before heading over to the kitchen to finish cooking, gesturing for Niall to follow him.

"Which is why," Mrs. Hanas said as she looked over Ara's shoulder to Melina and Louis who were standing right beside each other. 

"Mother!" Melina exclaimed knowing exactly what her mother was thinking.  "Anyway, I think you just got an adopted son," She said pointing her thumb at Niall and her father whom were both testing the zucchini fries that her father had been making to accompany the flank steak that her mother had made upon there being more for dinner than just her and her husband. 

~~~

Dinner was a hilarious affair. 

Ara had been laughing practically the whole time as the Hanas treated them all, her, Niall, and Louis like as if they were their own children.  Then there was Melina and her Mom, whom were always a hilarious duo that had them all laughing the whole time. 

"Can you pass the fries?" Louis asked her, just diagonal to her seat. Ara sitting next to Niall and across from Melina. 

Ara nodded as she picked up the plate and tried to pass it to him, but Niall intervened as he took a few zucchini fries off the plate while it was being passed.  He grinned over at Ara as Louis said his name with a huff.

Ara laughed as she looked over at him only for Niall's silly grin to increase to a full blown smile. Feeling a blush begin to creep, she looked away quickly.

Niall's brows furrowed at Ara's actions.  Yet when he realized that Ara was blushing because of him, he couldn't help but let out a deep chuckle.  Leaning over, he whispered in her ear. 

"Aren't you glad I invited you?" He said grinning.

Ara squeaked as she jumped, nearly falling out of her seat in shock at Niall whispering in her ear.  She hadn't fallen out of her seat, but the zucchini fry she had been munching on, went flying over her shoulder.

Neither even noticed that all eyes were on them as the Hanas family and Louis watched them, Niall laughing so hard as his hand rested lightly on Ara's shoulder, while Ara had her eyes closed, her face scrunched in embarrassment. 

Louis lightly placed his hand on Melina's thigh, reaching out to hold her hand, where the cut handcuff rested like a tacky bracelet.

Melina looked up at Louis, mouthing, "Do they?"

Louis could only shrug as he didn't know the answer exactly but a part of him was thinking yes.  However it was obvious that neither of them knew it yet. 

~~~

"Thank you for walking me home," Ara said as she reached her door step. 

"I had fun today."

"Me, uh me too!" Ara said with a nervous smile at being so close to Niall.  "Are you," She licked her chapped lips.  "Going home soon?"

"Yeah, tomorrow Louis and I are heading home in the evening."

"Oh," Ara bit her lip as she looked up at him in thought, her hand fidgeting with her scarf.  "Wait where are you staying?"

"Well," Niall scratched his head.  "Louis and I booked hotel rooms but Louis cancelled his.  Then Melina's parents just offered to let me stay in the twin's room for the night." He smiled widely.  "I said yes of course.  They're pretty great aren't they?"

"Yes, they are." Ara let out a laugh.  "So maybe I'll see you before you go?" She said unsure as she took a step towards her door...

"Yeah," Niall replied.  "Night Ara."

"Night Niall."  She said his name slowly, stretching it out, almost as if reluctant to say goodbye. 

"Bye," Niall said, kicking out his leg awkwardly, but the small smile on his face made him utterly adorable, as he seemed just as reluctant as she.

"Bye." Ara said biting her lip, as she placed her hand on the door knob.   She whirled around.  "Niall!" She said yelling his name so he too turned back around, his back no longer facing her.

"Are you okay?!" He asked in panic at her exclamation. 

"Can I," She gulped. "Can I make you breakfast tomorrow before you go?"

A slow gorgeous smile stretched across his lips. "I would love that Ara Astor."

~~~

Sorry its been so long, but I promise that its getting there, but I ust enjoy their slow progressing friendship!