Of Course

Leaving the airport, both Niall and Louis went their separate ways, one to the city, and the other to the suburbs.  Nodding at each other, Louis winked, dangling the extra key to the apartment that Melina had very reluctantly given Louis for emergencies, causing Niall to bust into a small laugh, just imagining how Melina was going to react to their surprise visit or more accurately, Louis’ surprise visit. 

Still Niall was a little jealous as he got into his own taxi and watched Louis’ drive away.  Not because of Melina but more because of what she was to Louis.

An hour later, he found himself getting out of the taxi as it stopped in front of the Hanas house.  He didn’t even finish paying when he heard a yell and the door opening. 

“Irish one!” Carsten cried as he came out shirtless, having spotted Niall’s taxi when he had come down for a drink. 

Niall’s one brow arched as he wasn’t sure how exactly to feel about being called the Irish one or know how it was that greeted him, he was sure it was one of the twins but he still didn’t know how to tell them apart, but seconds later, the light of a bedroom came on and Melina’s Mum popped her head out.  “Niall? Dear is that you?”

“Yeah Mrs. Hanas!” Niall responded as Carsten grabbed his back pack to help carry. 

“Just Miranda dear, give me a minute, I’ll be right down.” She muttered as she closed her window once more. 

“It’s okay…” He trailed off unsure of which twin it was.  As if reading his mind, Carsten laughed and ruffled the younger boy’s hair. 

“Carsten, I’m the more handsome one. And its fine, this way it’s only one trip.” He joked, taking the other bag from Niall. 

Minutes later Niall found himself being fussed over like as if he was part of the family as Melina’s Mum heated him some left over dinner while Carsten went to get Doran, the two up for eating leftovers at midnight if their mother was offering. 

Placing Niall’s plate of crab cakes down in front of him, “What, you two can feed yourselves. You’re both well over twenty.” Mrs. Hanas looked over at her two sons that both comically had their knife and fork in  both hands, sitting straight up, just waiting for their plates to also be placed in front of them.

“Mom!” They both cried as Niall stifled a laugh. 

“Geez, Mom, we know,” Carsten began with a groan.

“Melina’s the favorite but-” Doran was interrupted. 

“Your sister is the baby of the family, not necessarily the favorite. That just depends on the day and its circumstances.” Miranda Hanas corrected her two sons who just sighed before getting up to fix their own leftovers. 

“But you do play favorites Mom, don’t forget!” Doran said waiting for his and Carsten’s meal to heat up in the microwave. 

“Anyway Niall, what have you been up to our Irish brother?” Carsten asked making his mother sigh as she told him to once more stop calling Niall the Irish one. 

But Niall just laughed before launching off into stories of the past months.  He had forgotten how fun the Hanas twins were…

The next morning, Niall had woken up to a full course breakfast with all the works, this time greeted by the twins but also Elias Hanas who smiled at him before by busying himself with the newspaper once more. 

“Mom cooked the works because of you.” Doran said grinning before forking a whole mini sausage into his mouth.  “You’re our favorite now.”