Hakuna Matata

It was strange, now that the concert was over, Ara was quite unsure of her purpose in being there. She wasn’t like Melina, being Louis’ intended other. She wasn’t like Kate either, who quite frankly, everyone could see was Zayn’s rock for when he needed peace. The two of them sometimes could have silent conversations, yet still smile at each other, as if sharing a secret.

Hope lived in New York not to mention the fact that she and Harry were as close as any two people could be. If Zayn and Kate could have silent conversations, Hope and Harry could practically read each other’s minds. Well at least it seemed that way to Ara as Hope seemed to know when Harry wanted something or vice versa, and would do so without any indication. Like before they all left the hotel, Harry and Hope were on the couch, going to watch some TV with a deathly quiet Liam. Harry hadn’t said a thing but Hope moved the pillow into her lap, not even looking up from her phone so that Harry could lay his head. Then she began to run her fingers through his hair, while he lazily grinned. No words had passed, no eye contact was made, yet the two just fit.

As for her, she was here for Melina, and in some ways for Niall, well maybe... Her and the Irish one were friends. They liked the same foods, they could talk about the most random stuff, and they also were prone to rather embarrassing moments, yet those moments often resulted in laughter. Henceforth, their friendship seemed to just occur, somewhere between their love of food, his injuries, and her lack of grace.

“You look deep in thought Ara,” Niall whispered as he leant down close to her, in order not to be overheard. He currently had his hood on, trying not to be all too noticeable whilst they saw the sights.

The Empire State building, that was where they all currently were as the boys had wanted to take the girls there. Having barely had any time for them before hand. However with the concert over, their curfew had been lifted a bit.

“I guess, I was just wondering,” Ara said not quite looking at him.

“About?” Niall prodded.

Arab bit her lip, wondering if it’d be pitiful if she voiced her thoughts. Cause she felt they were pitiful, just asking for sympathy, although that was the last thing she wanted.

“I’m glad you came,” Niall said softly, almost as if he could read her thoughts.

Ara looked up at him in surprise.

“It’s nice for me, I miss having my friends that I can just laugh with, enjoy food, enjoy life. Being with you, I get to do all that, without feeling any pressure to be something more.” Niall grinned. “So don’t look so sad, else I think that I’m being selfish and in doing so, being the cause.”

Ara’s jaw dropped before she shook her head furiously.

“Good, now come on, let’s go save Melina before Louis decides to do something eccentric like yelling her name at the top of his lungs.”

“I don’t think we have to worry about that,” Zayn said as he approached them, followed by Kate who had forgotten her gloves back at the hotel, so Zayn had stuffed her hands in the pocket of his fur lined coat. Where one went, the other was right there. “They’re over there surrounded by fans. Apparently, Melina’s become quite noticeable now,” He meant that the press had gotten a hold of pictures of the two of them, Louis and Melina. Now their fans could all tell it was her and therefore, the person with her had to be Louis.