Take Me... to Get Hot Chocolate

“Hello sir?”

Mr. Astor stared at the kid on the other side of the door.  “Yes?”

“I was hoping to talk to Ara?” Niall smiled, hoping that he could surprise her.  He did still owe her that dinner, guitar lesson, and cheesecake. He grinned at the thought but as the man in front of him scrutinized him, his confidence began to wane.

“You look familiar… you look like that Irish kid,”

Niall blinked.

“I’ll call her, stay there.”

Then blinked once more when the front door was closed on him. 

“Ara, there’s some kid that looks like a copy of that Irish kid you girls are so fond of! But he has dark hair!”

“What?” Ara said coming out of the kitchen with her bag of chips. 

“Some kid looks like that Irish one, I didn’t let him in.”

“DAD!” Ara said before going to the door and checking out the window.  Her eyes widened as she saw Niall Horan awkwardly stand there.  It wasn’t a copy, it was the real Niall!  Ara looked down at herself.  She was wearing her brother’s old gym shorts and her grey Uni sweatshirt.  Her hands flew to her hair that she hadn’t bothered doing more than to pull it up and out of the way. 

“Dad, he’s not, I mean, that’s really him!!!!” Ara said whipping around to face her father. 

“Wait I thought the kid had blonde hair, bleach blonde hair.”

“AHHHHH,” Ara said ignoring him as she ran up the stairs.  Then slowing down upon her realizing that Niall was still standing outside the door.  “Crap!” She said before running back down. 

“I don’t want him in my house!”

“Dad, its freezing cold out!” Ara said before whipping the door open to a startled Niall. 

~~~

“I’m sorry about that.” Ara apologized profusely as she led Niall to the kitchen.  “Do you want a drink?”

“Nah, I’m okay. Melina’s Mum already fed me.”

Ara blinked.  “Oh, that’s good.”

“Yeah, she made fresh lemonade just for me and heated up leftovers.” He grinned. 

“Did you come with Louis and Melina?”

“Yeah but the two of them are both in the city dealing with stuff.” Niall shrugged. 

“Stuff?” Ara echoed. 

“Stuff, though Louis said something about keeping the handcuffs so I just figure that he’ll tell me when he wants.”

“Handcuffs?” Ara echoed as her chocolate brown eyes widened.  “Do I want to know?”

Niall grinned.  “I do.” He said winking at her.

Ara’s eyes widened even more so. 

~~~

“So…” Ara awkwardly started as she led Niall to her bedroom.  She gestured to her room thankful that she had somewhat tidied it up the other day.

Niall looked over at her, a brow arched as he waited for her. 

“So, hi?” Ara finished lamely. 

With that Niall threw his head back and laughed.  “I don’t reckon your dad likes me much.” He said as he scratched the side of his head while looking at her for confirmation.