Cher, Poor Melina, and New York

“Do you believe in life after love?” Both Ara and Summer sang loudly, barefoot in the kitchen whilst the making cheesecake. 

“I can feel something inside me say,” They continued to Ara’s parents’ unfortunate ears.  “I really don’t think you’re strong enough. No!”

Neither were good singers but they didn’t care as they sang the iconic Cher song. 

However  they were soon interrupted when Ara’s phone began to blare.   

“Do you believe in life after love!” Ara sang not missing a beat, having barely glancing at her phone, thinking it was her brother as he’d texted her earlier to tell her that he was going to call about dinner. 

Ara’s eyes widened as she realized that the laugh on the other end was not in fact Bradley.  She quickly checked the ID on her phone, wanting to die when she saw it said Niall Horan. Putting it back to her ear, she just wanted to ground to open up and swallow her whole.  She gestured for Summer to turn the dial down on their speakers. 

“Who is it?” Summer mouthed as she did so. 

“Um hi Niall,” Ara said into her phone causing Summer to raise her brows before bursting into laughter. 

“Ello Ara, and yes, I think I do?” Niall said, laughter lacing his voice. 

Ara groaned as she flushed brightly. “I’m so sorry, I thought you were my brother and…”

Summer was laughing so hard at this point; she had to hold onto the sink to keep upright. 

“No it’s quite alright, best greeting I’ve ever heard on the phone actually.”

Ara covered her face with one hand as she winced.  She just couldn’t seem to catch a break when it came to Niall Horan. 

“So Cher?” Niall asked. 

“Yes,” Ara whispered, her hands still covering her red face. 

Niall simply laughed once more.  “It’s really alright Ara.” Niall said.  “But I called because I was hoping you could do Louis a favor.”

“Louis?” Ara asked, taking her hand off her face at last, confusion now replacing the embarrassment on her face.

“You know how we have that concert in New York on December 3rd?”

“Of course,”

“Well Louis just asked her and…”

“She shot him down faster than a M16?” Ara finished for him. 

Niall laughed as Ara compared Melina’s response to Louis with one of the fastest rifles out there, but she wasn’t far off.  He’d been there for Louis’ failed attempt to ask Melina.  Louis had simply asked if she wanted to attend his concert, in which Melina had said no and literally hung up after saying “I’m not paying the bill for this international call, only call if you’re dying.”

To say that Niall had almost died from not being able to breathe because he’d been laughing so hard wasn’t a long shot.  He had been laughing so hard, his cheeks had started to hurt as well as his guts. 

“What exactly can I do?” Ara asked. 

“Well, Louis and I came up with a plan.”

Ara quirked her lips at the thought. Louis and Niall brainstorming a plan… now that had to be a sight to see. 

“But you’re our key piece to this plan.”

“Me?”

“Yep, so how does an all expense trip to New York and VIP tickets to our concert sound?” Niall asked.