Blind

"Are you sure Niall you don't," Jolie began to say, asking if he wanted to join her and Liam for lunch. He was about to open his mouth and respond because his palette had missed Jolie's cooking but Liam's stare was telling him to walk away. Making a face at his band mate, Niall sighed.

"No Jolie, it's okay, I'll catch some food myself. You two have fun." Niall waved them off into their taxi while he went off on his taxi. Another red carpet and another meal of him being ditched by his mates for their birds.

"Liam, but," Jolie could be heard protesting but Liam lightly pulled her into the cab with him and off they went.

"Anywhere you want to go?" The taxi driver asked Niall when he slumped in his seat.

"Where do singles go to eat when their mates ditch them?" Niall complained rhetorically, half jokingly, half serious.

"McDonalds?" The driver answered, thinking he was actually asking.

Niall looked up, blinking twice.

"Sir?"

"You know what, why not." Niall threw up his hands. "Might as well get some chips and is there a store nearby?"

~~~

Ara prided herself on the fact that even though she wasn't a genius with skyrocketing intelligence, she worked hard and had more than decent grades as a result. But sometimes studying was boring, beyond belief.

"I heard that," Ryan, her current study buddy said not even looking up at her long drawn out sigh.

"Ryan, how about we take a break and-"

"No you told me before we started to tell you no when you ask for breaks." He responded, cutting her off.

Ara looked up, her gaze catching the shelf of books currently surrounding them. "I did," she sighed once more. "Fine..." She trailed off only to get cut off by her own cell phone.

Ryan eyed her for picking up her phone but Ara didn't pay him any mind, a little preoccupied with fumbling because flashing on her phone was Niall's name.

"Hello?"

"Ara!"

"Niall, I'm-" Ara sheepishly burrowed into herself to ignore her study buddy's judging look.

"Nooooo, Ara I need you, you can't-"

Ara blushed at the words, her red face actually making Ryan raise his brow.

"Okay," She managed to squeak as she sent Ryan a look to not judge her, she had a weakness for Irish accents.

"Remember those cookies you sent me, well I'm at the store now, and... sure." Niall said only to get interrupted by a few straggling teenagers coming up to him.

"Niall?" Ara asked only to hear partial bits of Niall talking to what sounded like fans.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you Niall." The blonde girl said before dragging her friend away.

"Sorry just a few fans, anyway, I'm bored and the lads all ditched me or other things, Liam..." Niall drew out the latest culprits name. "Then even as I left, there was a German model that I'm not even going to attempt her name, I know I would more than butcher it, and she was all over Harry,"

"Sorry?" Ara said unsure where this was going but Niall was sounding a little sorry for himself.

"Oh no I had a few flirting with me too but I was too hungry to notice if any of them were attractive, I mean they are all attractive, all you girls, women are? Er anyway it's just... They have someone other than their family, you know who would just drop everything and be here if they needed the girls. Melina may give Louis a hard time but when he needs her, she's there and threatens to use her bat on people or him if he's the problem,"