Ii

Jovan

Dove invited me to have lunch with his little family, which I thought was weird but I didn't complain. Whatever brought me close to them was an advantage to me.

"Yes or no?" Momma asked and I shot my head up confused.

"Are you okay? What's on your mind? I asked if you wanted some hot sauce with that."

I nodded my head yes while Sierra glanced over at me with a chuckle. This was the fifth time someone said something to me and I unknowingly wasn't paying attention.

"He gotta bitch on his mind," He joked as he sat his son on at the table with everyone else.

"Nothings on my mind," I lied, "Not even a bitch."  What was really on my mind was the fact that everyone was on my ass about how I treated Nessa last night.

When May got home she slapped the shit out of me because Marq's big mouth ass told her what I had said.

He snitched everything to May like they were best friends or something. That shit always made me feel some type of way.

In reality I didn't feel bad about what was said to her because it was the truth. I really was only using her to get what I wanted and clearly she's useless.

After that situation, she's been giving me the silent treatment or would leave every time I came in the room. That shit didn't bother me though.

"Did you figure anything out on your brothers case?" I asked trying to change the subject. Right now Sierra was trying to find who killed his brother while I was trying to figure out where the hell my sister was.

"Nah," He shook his head and looked up in thought, "I got a lead on it though. One of those niggas who live out in Belview was there the night of the murder and he said he saw a few things."

Belview was the street we use to all live in as children. There was an infamous amount of violence in that area which was one of the many reasons why we moved out.

That's where our old house was and everyone knows the craziest shit takes place at the old house.

A lotta niggas witnessed the death of Salomon but no one would say anything. Not even to each other which only meant one thing; someone was paying them to keep quiet. The only thing that lingered in my head was who and why.

"I probably should've told you when I found out but, the day that I went to Belview to ask people about Sal's death- I saw Lovell."

Mommas brow stroked up and she looked distraught. "Lovell? As in the kid Athena was planning to have?" Her body froze in shock. "That can't be right.. I could've sworn Morris killed her."

Everyone at the table was silent just wanting to hear more about the information that stumbled upon us.

"Yea, he's three years old right now and stays over at what's her face? Ebony's."

"Big tiddy Ebony or flat ass Ebony?" I asked tryna figure out who he was speaking on.

"Neither nigga," He replied, taking a bite of his food, "I'm talking about crack head Ebony. She not on that shit no more though."

The whole lunch conversation just consisted of Sierra and I talking about the situation. Everyone else was pretty silent or listening in but he and I didn't care.

This was something we always did even if it didn't involve anyone else.

After lunch momma pulled me aside and we had a sincere heart-to-heart discussion. She did say that she wanted to build our relationship again so I let her.