Vv

Nessa

When he got out the car, the first thing he did was dash across the street and the officers followed down in his direction.

"What the fuck?" I jabbed as a hand grabbed me and pulled my body into a hug.

My eyes were stuck on Jovan, who was being tagged along to a police car until my attention was turned over to the man before me.

"DAD?" I shouted a bit shocked that he was in front of me. "What are you doing here?"

"We got his notebook that you took. Baby you might not feel like you were helping me with this case, but you really have. I don't think you understand how much we needed that to put this evil man behind jail," He told me with a smile on his face.

I froze in my spot seeing that Jovan was staring straight at me with hurt in his eyes. I couldn't even get the chance to speak because it seemed he made up in his mind the kind of person I was.

"YOU GAVE THEM MY FUCKING NOTEBOOK?" He shouted out before his head was knocked against the vehicle and he was forced into the backseat.

I tried running to the car but dad grabbed my wrist and pulled me back so that we were face to face again. "You used me..." I mumbled, crossing my arms together.

"Baby, I didn't use you. That young man has been on my investigation list for years. He's extremely dangerous. There was no way i'd be able to catch him in his mess without someone being in his home everyday."

I stared up at him to see that he had a heartfelt smile on his face. As nice as it would be to share the glorified feeling he had, I just couldn't. "You told me that I was staying with Maybelline for MY safety, but you lied. The only reason why you made me stay with her was so I could get closer to Jovan. You wanted to use me as an outlet to get to him. Dad did you EVER want to protect me? Or were you only focused on this investigation?"

My cheeks were flushed hot and my hands were fidgeting in anger. Tears started escaping my eyes the more I thought about how my own father pawned me out for his benefit. If anything, I was more angry than sad.

What made this situation worse was the fact that there were so many times I was placed in harms way, I could've died. He also had me in a position where i've grown emotional connections with people who might forever hate me.

"Baby, of course I cared about your protection." He pulled me back into his arms and squeezed me tightly. He smelled just like he did the day he dropped me off here a few months ago. "Why do you think I made you live with Maybelline?"

I wiped my eyes and shrugged my shoulders. "Why did you make me live with her?"

Even though the subject was on something different, my mind was roaming around Jovan and how he was probably feeling right now.

"She was working with me. She's the one who actually gave me the notebook you stole," He informed me.

My heart instantly stopped and I moved back from his grasp. "W-what? She's the one who turned it in?" My feet took a couple steps back and my fingers rubbed over my watering eyes.

Behind my dad was May, who had a guilty expression on her face. She didn't even look at me- she couldn't even do it, because she's just as blameworthy as my father.