Zz

Jovan

"HOW IT FEEL TO BE BACK HOME?" Sierra shoved my shoulder playfully before sliding me over his blunt.

Everyone swung by the house to see us one last time before we packed our items and dip out of the city.

"Nigga you should know, you the one who let my ass free, but nah you about three weeks late." I pulled his free arm and dapped him up before letting everyone else into the house.

Kayla and Draco weren't here because they wanted more time with each other. I don't blame her for wanting him to herself when she's so use to him being by her side. She really was a good girlfriend to him.

I took a quick hit from the blunt before passing it over to Marquees, who no longer had a ring band around his finger. "Marq, what happened with you in yo' wife?"

He looked down at his empty finger, lightly shaking his head, "Man we getting a divorce. I don't wanna do it but she wanna work with the opps in shit. Her ass was so busy trying to get you locked up that she forgot I was literally doing the same shit with y'all, so I got locked up too. She foul as fuck."

"Now I got another reason why I don't need to be dating or getting married. Females ain't shit. I'll do my fair share of hit'n runs."

"Are you going to the funeral before you leave?" India asked, sitting down on Sierra's lap.

"Funeral?" I looked around seeing everyone had serious faces, "Nigga who funeral? Who died?"

"You ain't hear what happened?" Sierra glared at my in some sort of shock.

"Hell nah. What happened?"

"Tino got shot by one of Powell's boys when he was at the foster home. He's been dead for awhile now and word traveled fast in the hood. They're saying his funerals tomorrow." India glared at her nails.

I sat up from my seat and scrunched my face. "We talking about the right Tino? Santino?"

They all nodded their heads as I let out a loud sigh. Tino was just a kid, nothing more than a fourteen year old. I just seen his bitch ass a couple weeks ago and now he's dead.

As crazy as it sounded, I actually felt pained at the fact that he was dead. Yea, he was annoying as hell and did crazy shit but I enjoyed my time with him. I really was going to let him move in and stay with me so he wouldn't have to be on the streets or worry about it.

I seen myself in him a little. A kid just out on the street cause their parents wasn't doing a good job taking care of them. Tino was really the main provider of his home and his momma took all his money and just dipped without even taking him with her.

"Nah me and Powell need to have a word. He taking this shit personal on a whole other level. His ass should be lucky Ram and Dove is dead cause he and Bernie are the only ones in the game."

"So what you gonna do?" Sierra questioned before standing on his feet.

"Imma kill his ass before I skip town. Ain't nobody getting away with shit, not even Powell."

•••

"Lemme get a bite of yo' icecream."

"No," Lovell snaked his neck and rolled his eyes before taking another bite and letting the cream drop down his mouth.

I swear he acted more and more like Nessa when I see him.

"Since when the fuck has the nigga started back talking?

Athena shrugged her shoulders and let him run off to play with some other kids, who happened to be at the park. "You know somebody tried to kidnap him the other day? They literally broke into my house only looking for Lovell."